Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322534 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1990 on: 20 August 2013, 22:46 »
MH - I haven't had any calls from Mick about mine and mines confirmed got week 36. either he's waiting to see what happens or he's s4it scared for an ear bashing haha
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1991 on: 20 August 2013, 22:49 »
MH - I haven't had any calls from Mick about mine and mines confirmed got week 36. either he's waiting to see what happens or he's s4it scared for an ear bashing haha

Build week confirmed and even build in progress seems to mean feck-all right now
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1992 on: 20 August 2013, 22:51 »
true but when I spoke to Mick on Sunday I said I don't want to be making another payment after august no matter what as the car is due end of September. gave him every opportunity to say something to me then about delays and got nothing.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1993 on: 21 August 2013, 08:00 »
true but when I spoke to Mick on Sunday I said I don't want to be making another payment after august no matter what as the car is due end of September. gave him every opportunity to say something to me then about delays and got nothing.

Looks like i'll be making my Sept 6th payment on the Scirocco - another £70 in interest wasted.

I really need to write a letter of complaint in the offchance of getting some goodwill (anyone know the place to get the head honcho? I'm sure someone here posted a well written letter to them, but I can't find it). The VW UK rep denied my order was ever likely to be less than BW33, in any stage of order placed - despite me sayingthat I was anticipated to be BW25/26 before the whole cock-up with my dad's order saw it leapfrogging mine (and yours) in the allocation queue.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1994 on: 21 August 2013, 10:47 »
With the tracker down, thought I'd give VW UK a quick call.  Wish I hadn't to be honest.  Low and behold VWEO were lying *SHOCKER* and the car is, like you MH, still awaiting build but should be started this week - and not finished build awaiting shipment as VWEO tried to palm me off with. The chap in the call centre was trying to convince me that BW33 means last week and this week - no, if it hasn't been built last week then its BW34 you f7cking idiot.

Looking at end of Sep delivery earliest for sure.  Plus it shows the tracker isn't worth the website its showing on as its not currently in build is it you lying (unts.  It appears the delays are not just limited to GTD's eg MH.

Pathetic.  Really sick of this bullsh!t.  Sorry for the rant  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 21 August 2013, 10:54 by matchboy »
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1995 on: 21 August 2013, 11:05 »
Yeah my BW32 was actually built BW33...
Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1996 on: 21 August 2013, 11:22 »
Dare I ask... can it get any worse? :angry:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1997 on: 21 August 2013, 11:24 »

I'd like to say no, but we all know that I'd be lying  :laugh:

As a positive, through all of this my dealer has been excellent.  Shame the rest of VW are letting the side down.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1998 on: 21 August 2013, 11:26 »
Mine has done nothing... so I can't really say they've been excellent or sh!t.

To be honest I think they are along for the ride as well as me.  Its VW UK not getting the communication right and VW Germany having too many coffee breaks instead of building cars! :sad:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1999 on: 21 August 2013, 12:19 »

I'd like to say no, but we all know that I'd be lying  :laugh:

Lying? The perfect credentials for VW UK staff – fancy a new job?

Unless they have some spare capacity for catching up, i'd expect all the forseeable BW34/35/36/37 etc to fall back 2 weeks also, unless things quieten down now the ordering/building rush for the new Sept plates is well done and dusted.