Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322490 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1730 on: 08 August 2013, 15:15 »
How much to import a Vette Stingray do you think? :evil:

I'll email VWCS a picture of me (I'll use my polar bear) sitting in one along with some thanks for their assistance in helping me make my next car choice.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1731 on: 08 August 2013, 15:30 »
Might be the camera issue again.  Gryzor you had it on your order right?  Perhaps they thought they had enough but didn't quite.  If so match might be ok.

Until I hear from VW otherwise I am assuming that all orders with cameras are on permanent hold.

Yeah I've got the camera, so it could well be that.  If it is, there's going to be trouble!  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1732 on: 08 August 2013, 15:35 »
Might be the camera issue again.  Gryzor you had it on your order right?  Perhaps they thought they had enough but didn't quite.  If so match might be ok.

Until I hear from VW otherwise I am assuming that all orders with cameras are on permanent hold.

Yeah I've got the camera, so it could well be that.  If it is, there's going to be trouble!  :grin:

Better open up one of these if that is the case

Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1733 on: 08 August 2013, 15:37 »

HAHA!

I got this post via email where pictures don't appear.  Was assuming you'd posted something like a bottle of beer!

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #1734 on: 08 August 2013, 15:37 »

Or for the English speaking amongst us  :wink:

Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1735 on: 08 August 2013, 16:06 »
 :grin: :grin: :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1736 on: 08 August 2013, 16:36 »
Still wrapped up in bloody conference calls...thanks for those tinnies though!  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1737 on: 08 August 2013, 16:49 »
Before I type this post I would just like to say i'm not trying to be belligerent, just an observation as a general lurker on the forum.

I'm really baffled as to the fact a lot of you keep ringing, and ringing, and ringing or emailing the dealer and are seemingly surprised you get different stories each time. Whilst bearing in mind for several months now we've all known the customer service/feedback hasn't been very good. But we keep pressing them and pressing them. It won't change overnight.

Now, a lot of people are suddenly deciding or thinking of switching to a 135 (Or something similar). A car they obviously didn't want as a first choice otherwise they would have bought it back in March/April over the GTI in the first place.

I've rung VW a grand total of 2 times since I ordered. I haven't got mad once. I knew pretty quickly the delivery time was very optimistic and wasn't going to happen. But I didn't want to drive a 120d so i'm sticking it out to get the car I want. It'll turn up when it turns up in my eyes, sooner would be great but sometimes you have to wait for the finer things in life.

I'm sure had I been ringing up every week, I would have gotten mad too with the ever changing estimated build weeks, and inaccurate answers etc etc. No misinformation in my ears has meant no getting stressed out, apart from the wait i've had a good experience. If you demand answers that they cannot give you, they will bullsh!t their way out of it and leave the customer pissed off.

Anyway the point i'm making is don't make a rash decision now for the sake of getting a car quickly.

If you read back the last 100 pages of this thread, the topic of conversation is the same - Ranting about lack of information, lack of a confirmed build date etc etc.
Soon enough we'll all have our cars. The ones we wanted. And the thread will change to joyous elation of "It took ages, the customer service was sh!t, but my god was it worth the wait". And all the people who didn't jump ship at this stage and buy something else will be the ones feeling the best.

I'm looking forward to that day. And the thought of being able to have a BMW in a matter of days isn't making me look forward to it any less.

I would also like to point out that BMW aren't angels you know. When the E60 M5 came out (When I worked at BMW), it was a similar story to what we see here with the GTI. Numbers were limited, they were bought and lead times were not made clear. Customers were demanding information. Dealers couldn't give accurate lead times. It was a similar scenario.

The 135 is readily available because BMW churn out cars like they're going out of fashion. I honestly think this will eventually hit your residuals too.

Again like I said i'm not trying to attack anybody, just some thoughts I had that I think would make for some good discussion.
« Last Edit: 08 August 2013, 16:54 by OF1 »
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1738 on: 08 August 2013, 17:04 »
You make your point well, I don't take offence.  One thing that you didn't factor in though is this is hitting some of us financially (well me anyway).

I've twice had a family member lined up to take my current car, both times they have been unable to wait and have had to go elsewhere (first to a Nissan Qasqui and today a deal is being signed on a Suzuki).  On top of this my car is due an MOT and tax in September, probably 2 new tyres and is losing £250 a month in p/x.  That adds up to quite a bit.

The further issue is that as far as I can tell my car (and everyone else too I think) is not so much delayed as on hold.  In other words we're not talking about adding 1,2,3 extra weeks, we're talking about an unknown length of delay.  Might be 2 more weeks... might be 2 more months!  Why?  Because they f**ked up and didn't keep cameras reserved like they said they would.  As they screwed up I feel they are obligated to do something to help, especially as the understanding (or contract if you will) that was entered into when I placed the deposit has changed significantly by now.

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1739 on: 08 August 2013, 17:13 »
I agree with you that some people, like yourself, have been hit financially and fair enough. If it's going to cost you then the choice to stick it out isn't as clear cut.

Are our orders on hold? I haven't seen anything to suggest they are. My estimated build week of 37 hasn't moved for ages now and as of yesterday was still 37. I'm expecting confirmation next week.

The "Our orders are on hold" seems to have come from hear say and speculation. Nothing else. Correct me if i'm wrong?

It also seems a bit far fetched to me that the the VAG group, the company that invented the Bugatti Veyron, is having/allowing production of the GTI to grind to a halt because of a camera.
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack