Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322523 times)

Offline AAddict

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1700 on: 08 August 2013, 12:31 »
Just asked my dealer where I stood with my deposit as I am close to calling it a day, they apologised and confirmed I would have no issues getting my deposit refunded.  :undecided:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1701 on: 08 August 2013, 12:46 »
Just asked my dealer where I stood with my deposit as I am close to calling it a day, they apologised and confirmed I would have no issues getting my deposit refunded.  :undecided:

I just emailed my local BMW dealer to enquire about the M135i.

How has it come to this? :shocked: :angry: :cry:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1702 on: 08 August 2013, 12:54 »
How has it come to this? :shocked: :angry: :cry:

Lack of patience, information, and the knowledge you can get a faster, albeit uglier car for similar cash late in early October!  Personally, I wouldn't be considering a car that never factored into the equation in the first place just because things are delayed.  I know it's easy for me to say with mine being built now and all, but I've waited several months too, and gone through the hassle of VW Exec CS etc.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1703 on: 08 August 2013, 12:57 »
I'm thinking along the same lines. Still don't like the look of the M135 and worried that the ride isn't anything like as comfortable as the golf. But at least i'll have a car!!!!

I sold my previous car when it came to the end of its contract and was prepared to be without a car for a little while.... But not like this is turning out
« Last Edit: 08 August 2013, 12:58 by JohnP »

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #1704 on: 08 August 2013, 13:00 »
Watching 'Das Auto: The Germans Their Cars & Us' on BBC2 the other night made me 'Chuckle!'...

One of VW's targets for 2018 is to become 'THE' Best Car Manufacturer for Customer Service & Satisfaction... All I can say is that they've got one hell of a lot of work to do!!!!

Quote..  "we want to expand the Volkswagen Group’s customer base by acquiring new, satisfied customers around the world. In addition, we aim to increase satisfaction among our existing customers. We shall continue the measures we are currently taking to improve our productivity and quality regardless of the economic situation"  :grin:
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1705 on: 08 August 2013, 13:02 »
Watching 'Das Auto: The Germans Their Cars & Us' on BBC2 the other night made me 'Chuckle!'...

One of VW's targets for 2018 is to become 'THE' Best Car Manufacturer for Customer Service & Satisfaction... All I can say is that they've got one hell of a lot of work to do!!!!

Quote..  "we want to expand the Volkswagen Group’s customer base by acquiring new, satisfied customers around the world. In addition, we aim to increase satisfaction among our existing customers. We shall continue the measures we are currently taking to improve our productivity and quality regardless of the economic situation"  :grin:

i laughed at exactly the same point! Theyve got no chance in the UK if this is how they treat customers.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #1706 on: 08 August 2013, 13:27 »
I'm thinking along the same lines. Still don't like the look of the M135 and worried that the ride isn't anything like as comfortable as the golf. But at least i'll have a car!!!!

I sold my previous car when it came to the end of its contract and was prepared to be without a car for a little while.... But not like this is turning out

I've also been thinking about the M135i a lot recently... "Shall I? Shan't I? Shall I? Shan't I?.... After much deliberation I've decided to stick with my current GTi order.

It's a bit like queuing up at a supermarket checkout... The other queues always appear to be moving faster. And we all know what happens when you change queues? 9 times out of 10 you end up in the back again!!! :grin:

I'm just gonna Grin & Bear it....
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #1707 on: 08 August 2013, 13:28 »
It's not just the actual waiting any more, the whole treatment and arrogance has taken all the fun and excitement out of what should be a wonderful experience.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1708 on: 08 August 2013, 13:34 »
No doubt the M135 is a great machine, and few things on the road are going to keep up, but I kinda' agree with Gung-Ho.  It's like swapping lanes in straffic - in relative terms it rarely gains you much, and you end up at the same destination anyway.  Like I said, if the M135 had been a contender in the first place, I can understand swapping this late, but not out of pure frustration.  Whether it had arrived in 12 weeks with amazing customer service, or 24 weeks with poor customer service, it's still the same car that I'll be keeping for years and having fun in.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1709 on: 08 August 2013, 13:53 »
I get what you are saying, and I'd agree with the shopping analogy just a few weeks back, but I think things have changed a bit now.

For the last few weeks VW have constantly pushed the estimated BW back every time it is about to be confirmed.  When I discussed with VWCS yesterday I think I got my first no BS answer when the chap said they have no idea when my order will be built.  Effectively this means it is on indefinite hold.  So back to the shopping analogy, I am standing in a queue where they have just put out a "sorry this till is closing" sign (you got in just before the sign went out apparently).  Now, should I sit tight and hope they let me in, demand they reopen the lane, or go to another supermarket?  I honestly don't know.

Right now I'm trying a polite negotiation for more information and some compensation from VW (I retain the right to become less polite later), but I may as well open a discussion with BMW at the same time.  If they offer something good I can take it, if not then I'm no worse off than before.  By not talking to BMW I only limit my options!

EDIT:
And BMW just got back to me and said they have an M135i in stock I can have today, or a factory order in October (and there is no chance of getting a GTI until October even if VW called right now and said all delays are over and they are fast tracking the order).  So basically its 100% certain that the BMW lead time is less than the VW one is whatever happens.
« Last Edit: 08 August 2013, 13:57 by Bill_the_Bear »