Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322547 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1660 on: 07 August 2013, 16:07 »
Dammit, VW haven't texted me the weekly update yet and now my boss wants a meeting and VWCS shut at 16:30!

Oh poo.

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #1661 on: 07 August 2013, 16:40 »
Amazing the wait people are going through getting these cars yet lease companies seem to be pushing them like mad.

nationwidevehiclecontracts have an offer on them, I hope the lease companies are not getting priority over VW direct customers!

Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1662 on: 07 August 2013, 16:59 »
UPDATE:

I got tired of waiting for them so called anyway.

1) I'm pushed back again! (from 36 to 37)
2) Its the CAMERA!!!

They are currently "doing everything they can" to resolve the supply problem including "seeking alternate suppliers".  It is a "priority" for them.  Can they give an idea of when it will be solved?  "No." and "asap..." which could mean anything.

I complained.  Firstly on the grounds that I ordered in APRIL and there were no camera issues so what the hell has happened?  Have they used all the cameras and not held any back for orders placed prior to the supply problem?  Secondly my current car needs MOT, Tax, and I had aimed to sell to a family member in August, they have now been forced to buy elsewhere as they needed a new car... I'm losing £250 a month in p/x.

I asked if it was possible to fit the camera later?  No, they don't want to tear up upholstery to fit wires.  So I ask if it possible to fit all the wires at the factory and pop the camera in at the dealer?  He says he has to ask and will call back in 30 MINUTES.

Ironically we could have predicted they had high demand for the rear cam LONG before there were any indications from VW that there was an issue:  http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=253044.msg2320801#msg2320801

I would have guessed things like Performance Pack and 19" Alloys would be the most popular, yet Rear Cam and Winter Pack are surprisingly near the top of the list instead.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2013, 17:21 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1663 on: 07 August 2013, 17:04 »
(see preceding post for context)

He called me back already.  I guess whoever he needs to talk to has gone home as he now says they'll call me tomorrow to discuss.  More waiting.  Joy. :whistle:

Guys, given that they are gonna call tomorrow to talk (presumably) about the camera problems... any suggestions for what I should say?  One thing is Norbreak and maybe others are apparently being built with cameras... so did they pull numbers from a hat on who gets them and who has to wait?  Also tommygund says he didn't spec the camera but has also been waiting 4 months and no sign of a BW, what is up with that?  Tommy, if you want to call them to discuss how our two orders make sense then PM me, I can give you more details of mine (i.e. my real name so they can find it on their system) so they can compare directly as something doesn't add up!  Either there is another kind of delay, or they are wrong about the camera being the sole problem...

In a way I am happier because this seems more constructive than the usual "wait one more week, honestly this time we mean it" but on the other hand it seems this is less of a delay and more of a on hold until further notice.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2013, 17:35 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1664 on: 07 August 2013, 17:29 »
I, just the same as you Bill would like to know what exactly is delaying the BW for everyone.

I have just been on to the Tracker and it is unavailable, stating it is being improved on the content you see at each stage.  I doubt it will be of any real improvement,  but if it could show more specific detail it would be a bonus. 

I am assuming I am still BW 36.  But who knows? I am not kept up to date as soon as the BW changes I have to prompt or wait for the dealer to get around to telling me. 

I would like to know if any parts are delaying the BW, and if so what lead time there is at present for the parts to be in stock at VW.  By knowing this we would have a better idea of when our BW could be dependent on the parts we have specced. 

When I quote for Printing Plates at work I have to give delivery dates for the Plates to our factory for Customers to estimate when their printed packaging will be produced.  So the same principle could apply to VW by letting us know what is delaying our Cars and by how long before the part is in stock.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2013, 17:31 by Brenbo »

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1665 on: 07 August 2013, 17:34 »
Ask them why other companies are selling them and you are willing to post a camera over from this company!!

http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/Volkswagen/Golf-7-5Q/Complete-set-Rearview-VW-Golf-7-VII

I don't believe for a minute the hold up for months now has been a camera. Fair enough a few days or a week or so but these things can be mass produced in thousands quite easily. I'm sure if VW said to its supplying camera dealer "get your finger out and supply us with 10,000 or we are going elsewhere" they would soon get them delivered.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1666 on: 07 August 2013, 17:42 »
I am assuming I am still BW 36.  But who knows?

Think its safe to assume 37 now mate. :sad: And by 37 I mean... until whenever they get cameras in.

I would like to know if any parts are delaying the BW.

I'll ask for all other potential hold ups on any part other than camera.

Ask them why other companies are selling them and you are willing to post a camera over from this company!!

http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/Volkswagen/Golf-7-5Q/Complete-set-Rearview-VW-Golf-7-VII

I'll ask but even if the part is identical I doubt they'd go for it.  Warranty nightmare.  Good find though, I actually like this idea.  I'm gonna ask if I can email them where they can get a camera, or if I can get it and post it like you said and they reimburse the cost! :evil:

I don't believe for a minute the hold up for months now has been a camera.

I am assuming the GTI has a general slow delay, but that virtually everyone here who ordered in April should have got their cars about the same time as CraigW, or at the least expect to be built this week or next.  I think we've finally reached the front of the queue only to find the last few cameras have gone and now we're all indefinitely on hold.  Why didn't they anticipate this earlier and hold some cameras back?
« Last Edit: 07 August 2013, 17:53 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1667 on: 07 August 2013, 18:44 »
That sucks bear, I've also got the camera, and ordered in April, yet according to my dealer and VW, it went into build on Monday, so could even be complete now. Did I really get lucky and get assigned one of the last few cameras?  I must have, but it's crazy.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1668 on: 07 August 2013, 18:59 »
Do you think the reason Gryzor's GTI is being built and Mine and Bills along with some others are not confirmed,  is due to the fact Gryzor has not specified a Performance Pack for his.  I have noticed both mine and Bill's have Performance Packs.  Is it just a case of the easier lower spec standard cars are built and shipped first to off load a bulk of cars on their lists then once enough Performance Pack and other specs are collated on their lists they allocate a week for them all to be built the same time. 

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1669 on: 07 August 2013, 19:07 »
The PP did cross my mind Brenbo, because Jimble has specced PP as well and in the same unconfirmed boat as yourself and bear.  It makes sense that they would batch cars up with similar specs, especially significant mechanical ones.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2013, 19:13 by Gryzor »
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep