Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322421 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1460 on: 27 July 2013, 15:03 »
Gone back another 2 weeks to 39. ::)

Few weeks back it was 35 wasn't it?  Did they give any reason at all why the already unacceptable lead time has been delayed by a whole further month?!?!  And why even give an estimate if it then turns out to be this seriously wrong?  That's not an estimate, that's a hope or a dream.  FFS VW get your act together.

I am getting pretty worried that this rear camera thing is causing us months of new delays despite them saying it only affects new July orders and we ordered in April.  I'm getting really really close to asking for some kind of further discount to compensate for this sh!t.

Yeah it's gone back week for week over the last month, it was another salesman i spoke to at my dealership as my contact is on holiday till tuesday, the reason i contacted them today was that i was told by VWCS that it "should" be going to confirmed within the next 10 days of last wednesday and it hadn't changed on the tracker, surprise surprise! ::)

The only reason that salesman could give was down to spec, he pulled up his own customers GTI order that went in on the same day as mine, it went from wk22 to 35 and was then confirmed on the 1st of july as wk32, he did say that the GTI/D's have always been the problem child for build slots and it seems the new one is no different! Fair comment i suppose.

Oh well, the wait continues......
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1461 on: 27 July 2013, 17:31 »
Just to throw this into the ring, been out and about to various car dealers today - and BMW told me lead times on a new car is 8-10 weeks. I know the GTI is new - but 20+ weeks, really??
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1462 on: 27 July 2013, 17:42 »
Just to throw this into the ring, been out and about to various car dealers today - and BMW told me lead times on a new car is 8-10 weeks. I know the GTI is new - but 20+ weeks, really??

Can you trust them before you sign on the dotted line though?  My dealer told me 3 months for the GTI delivery end of July, which is now I guess.  Not long after I paid the deposit I was told no delivery until October and there is still no BW in sight.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1463 on: 27 July 2013, 17:47 »

Can you trust them before you sign on the dotted line though?  My dealer told me 3 months for the GTI delivery end of July, which is now I guess.  Not long after I paid the deposit I was told no delivery until October and there is still no BW in sight.

Probably not! But if their conservative estimates are 10 weeks that must imply that waiting times aren't as bad as with VW!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #1464 on: 27 July 2013, 17:54 »

Probably not! But if their conservative estimates are 10 weeks that must imply that waiting times aren't as bad as with VW!

On the 1 series forums 8-10 weeks seems about right for the M135i.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1465 on: 27 July 2013, 18:24 »
For most cars without a strict allocation you are talking 10 to 12 weeks lead time. Order a GT Golf and you will only wait that long. I assume BMW don't have any strict allocations for the 135 that must be adhered to.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #1466 on: 28 July 2013, 03:33 »
So... Has anyone who has had their car delivered got a Rear View camera?  Is there anyone who has the option who has a confirmed BW?  I know mine is still estimated.  Sound like the rear view camera could cause further delays  :sad:
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1467 on: 28 July 2013, 08:51 »
I wouldn't beleive a thing they tell you whats causing the delay as it will keep changing.
This delay and more delay is just VW style. I'll calll it style rather than mismanagement as they did it in 2009 and 2005.
Its standard practice for them. It also seems standard practice to mess you about.
I dont know if they think if they do this it makes the cars more sort after or attractive or what but I just find it poor customer service and im glad im not involved with it a 3rd time.
 :undecided:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1468 on: 28 July 2013, 08:58 »
I wouldn't beleive a thing they tell you whats causing the delay as it will keep changing.
This delay and more delay is just VW style. I'll calll it style rather than mismanagement as they did it in 2009 and 2005.
Its standard practice for them. It also seems standard practice to mess you about.
I dont know if they think if they do this it makes the cars more sort after or attractive or what but I just find it poor customer service and im glad im not involved with it a 3rd time.
 :undecided:

The strict allocation (and ordering issues that ensue) is probably the primary reason for such great residuals - demand exceeding supply.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline allycat45

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1469 on: 28 July 2013, 09:45 »
So... Has anyone who has had their car delivered got a Rear View camera?  Is there anyone who has the option who has a confirmed BW?  I know mine is still estimated.  Sound like the rear view camera could cause further delays  :sad:

I have the rear view camera on my order and the dealer tells me the build week is confirmed as week 37. Still "doing paperwork" on the order tracker though.
Arrived: GTI, DSG, 5 Door, Carbon Steel Grey, Service Plan, Winter Pack, Side Airbag, DCC (or ACC - the Adaptive Chassis thing, ok?), Park Assist, Rear View Camera