Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322535 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1380 on: 17 July 2013, 14:47 »
My BW has slipped another week .... tell me it should go confirmed within the next 10 days!?

We've heard that one before haven't we? :whistle:

Btw, I was told wk36 by my dealer yesterday and I find it very hard to see why you'd be later than me, you should be about 2 weeks before me!  Anyway, I guess that means since yesterday I've slipped to wk37 most likely.
« Last Edit: 17 July 2013, 14:51 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1381 on: 17 July 2013, 14:52 »
I've been enquiring about a couple of pre-registered M135i's as I'm getting so pissed off waiting now.

What sort of money are those going for out of interest?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline rallypug

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1382 on: 17 July 2013, 15:03 »
For what its worth... 5 Door, Performance Pack, Adaptive Chassis Control, Winter Pack & Sat Nav ordered on 24 Jun, due in to dealer on 28 Oct!
I havent read all the posts on here, but is that in-line with other orders??

Thanks
5 Door, Manual,  Perf Pack, Tornado Red, Winter Pack, Adaptive Chassis, Sat Nav ....

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1383 on: 17 July 2013, 15:09 »
For what its worth... 5 Door, Performance Pack, Adaptive Chassis Control, Winter Pack & Sat Nav ordered on 24 Jun, due in to dealer on 28 Oct!
I havent read all the posts on here, but is that in-line with other orders??

Thanks

Mine was ordered mid April and due in the dealer about the same time as yours.  :angry:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1384 on: 17 July 2013, 15:22 »
I've been enquiring about a couple of pre-registered M135i's as I'm getting so pissed off waiting now.

have a look on autotrader, you can get a decent specced one for 33k - but that's probably 4-6k more than you're paying for your GTI I would imagine.  Still, you could buy one today as a few second hand ones with next to no mileage on them knocking around.  Tempted?!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1385 on: 17 July 2013, 15:36 »
is that in-line with other orders??

No, its much faster.  You are looking at close to 2 months less wait than some.  Just don't try to modify your order and you're laughing! :wink:

Offline rallypug

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1386 on: 17 July 2013, 15:48 »
is that in-line with other orders??

No, its much faster.  You are looking at close to 2 months less wait than some.  Just don't try to modify your order and you're laughing! :wink:

That's good.... looks like they are producing in batches for the UK then...
5 Door, Manual,  Perf Pack, Tornado Red, Winter Pack, Adaptive Chassis, Sat Nav ....

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1387 on: 17 July 2013, 16:47 »

have a look on autotrader, you can get a decent specced one for 33k - but that's probably 4-6k more than you're paying for your GTI I would imagine.  Still, you could buy one today as a few second hand ones with next to no mileage on them knocking around.  Tempted?!  :laugh:

Yep I could always be tempted!
Was really just wondering the difference in price between a new order 135 and a pre registered one. Something for future reference or if I get really despondent waiting!!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Chief1337

• Here all the time
« Reply #1388 on: 17 July 2013, 16:47 »
How long after ordering should I get build week confirmed?

The dealer has said that the car 'should' be build around the end of September, but judging by responses elsewhere on this forum I have no faith!

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1389 on: 17 July 2013, 17:01 »
How long after ordering should I get build week confirmed?

This gets asked a lot.  The question is difficult because its not a case of how long after ordering until confirm, but rather a case of how long before build is confirm.  The answer to that is 4 weeks (but it seems like you can add 3 to this during shutdown).

So, lets say the average time from order to pick up is 20 weeks (I plucked this out of the air to be honest).  Subtract 5 weeks for delivery (average of the 4-6 stated by VW, which includes the build too).  Now subtract 7.  That leaves 8 weeks.  So I'd guess you'll get a confirmed BW 8 weeks after order, on average, and assuming 20 week total on average.

I say on average because I've been waiting over 12 weeks since ordering and still do not have a confirmed BW.  I'll be significantly over the 20 week limit too.  I might be able to make a better guess at the total average rather than just saying 20 weeks but can't be arsed right now, it will make me annoyed again. :tongue:

The dealer has said that the car 'should' be build around the end of September, but judging by responses elsewhere on this forum I have no faith!

That depends when you ordered.  Actually that depends on a lot of things, i.e. it seems totally random.  If you ordered in April its hard to see how your car would not be built by the end of September.  Cars ordered in May probably have a good chance too.  However, more recent orders sometimes seem to skip the queue and might also be built in September.

Confused yet?  Cause we all are!
« Last Edit: 17 July 2013, 17:03 by Bill_the_Bear »