Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322464 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1310 on: 08 July 2013, 19:12 »
For those in the long wait boat, they could cancel and reorder with a broker - you might save a bit of money, but if you have a p/x with a locked-in price you're going to be offered less with your newly negotiated deal because in the waiting time your p/x is depreciating and you generally don't get a great price on the new one and a great p/x price (the supplying dealerships tend to rob Peter to pay Paul in that respect). For the likes of Bear and mcmaddy that have waited so long already, they're likely less than 10 weeks away from their build, could well be in the same situation by starting again (10 weeks to build via broker), but definitely with less p/x - so why jack in your order now just to reorder the same thing? If on the other hand the process has sickened you and you'll not be getting another VW then fair do's.

Totally Agee mate.  I'm not saying this applies to anybody here, but if anyone has cancelled because of waiting, I just take that as them not really being sure they wanted it in the first place, and using it as an excuse (albeit a fair one!).  If you want the car, you know the situation and you know there is a wait.  I know full-well that if I had cancelled out of spite, I'd be sick as a parrot come September time when I could have been driving a spanking new GTI...
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1311 on: 08 July 2013, 19:43 »
it's all well and fine saying now you know the situation but when the dealer quite happily takes your deposit and tells you your new car will be here back end of June or early July then it transpires it was never going to be delivered then it's more than a bit galling. it may well be the car you want but when you expect something at a particular time then find out it's going to be another two and a half months minimum that's not knowing the situation and being taken advantage of. the managed expectation from VW is non existent with the attitude of you'll get your car when when we're good and ready and not before.  :laugh:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1312 on: 08 July 2013, 19:52 »
I had an email from my dealer today to say car has slipped from bw35 to bw36  :sad: 

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1313 on: 08 July 2013, 20:29 »
I had an email from my dealer today to say car has slipped from bw35 to bw36  :sad:
have you ordered the rear camera?

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1314 on: 08 July 2013, 20:33 »
it's all well and fine saying now you know the situation but when the dealer quite happily takes your deposit and tells you your new car will be here back end of June or early July then it transpires it was never going to be delivered then it's more than a bit galling. it may well be the car you want but when you expect something at a particular time then find out it's going to be another two and a half months minimum that's not knowing the situation and being taken advantage of. the managed expectation from VW is non existent with the attitude of you'll get your car when when we're good and ready and not before.  :laugh:

I totally hear ya', and get any anger you feel as well, 'cos I thought about cancelling several times just because!  But realistically, if I want the car what would it achieve?  I'd lose the guaranteed part-ex, and probably have to wait just as long from a broker.  I guess being confirmed at 32/33 now helps my cause, but I agree, the whole thing has been a bit of a joke.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1315 on: 08 July 2013, 21:47 »

I totally hear ya', and get any anger you feel as well, 'cos I thought about cancelling several times just because!  But realistically, if I want the car what would it achieve?  I'd lose the guaranteed part-ex, and probably have to wait just as long from a broker.  I guess being confirmed at 32/33 now helps my cause, but I agree, the whole thing has been a bit of a joke.

We should have an x rated swear thread on here so we can vent our frustration  :grin:
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1316 on: 08 July 2013, 22:09 »
have you ordered the rear camera?

Yes I have got the rear camera on order....

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1317 on: 08 July 2013, 22:12 »
rear camera is what is pushing the be back. I wouldn't be surprised if 36 gets knocked back again to 37/38. considering ordered wk14 that's 22weeks as it stands now with any more delays pushing it even further.

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1318 on: 08 July 2013, 22:50 »
rear camera is what is pushing the be back. I wouldn't be surprised if 36 gets knocked back again to 37/38. considering ordered wk14 that's 22weeks as it stands now with any more delays pushing it even further.
I don't think I'll believe the build week until it becomes confirmed and that seems a long way off.....

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #1319 on: 10 July 2013, 23:32 »
Is anyone else build week 32? I was just thinking that will be the first week after the summer factory closure. Is that a good or a bad thing uhmm....

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.