Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322424 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1280 on: 05 July 2013, 07:57 »
I will spit my dummy out if they tell me i'm not getting the camera!!! It should be on a first come first served basis and there weren't many that ordered before me in this country, just because they haven't given me a confirmed BW yet, they can kiss my arse and trading standards will be getting involved!! 8)

No camera, no car, simple as that!  Consider that dummy primed and ready to fly if I get a call to say I can't have it if I want my confirmed BW32 to stand  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #1281 on: 05 July 2013, 08:04 »
If the camera is the big hold up I have no problem with them delivering the car without it and then fitting it later at the dealer when they've sourced more parts.  Have they considered this? Should I suggest it? :tongue:

It's a bugger of a retrofit. Would you be happy to let the dealer rip your interior apart to fit it? I'd do without it before I'd do that.

Hadn't thought of that.  But then if its just the camera itself why can't they factory fit the wires or whatever and just pop the camera into the rear hatch when it arrives.  I now I know, that's too complicated for VW I can already hear the patronising voice on the phone as they explain they can't do that (without even really considering if they can or not).

Afraid it just doesn't work like that. If its not fitted in the factory, none of the wiring will be there. It is possible to retrofit it (although I'm not sure how much, if any, complications the new Composition media introduces) but its not a job for the faint hearted and definitely not a job I'd allow monkeys in a main dealer to do to my car. 
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1282 on: 05 July 2013, 09:17 »
Just checked Track my Order this morning, I have unconfirmed BW 34 and has been like that for months now, but as yet still no change on the tracker.
I have specced rear view camera... here we go, another bloody wait!  :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Golf MkVII GTD Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Rear Camera, Keyless

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1283 on: 05 July 2013, 10:23 »
I was 34 on monday this week, phoned yesterday and told 35, phoned this morning and maybe 36-37 so cancelled my order.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1284 on: 05 July 2013, 10:34 »
I wouldn't worry about there being no cameras holding up things as it won't be for long.
I remember the MK6 running out of RD510s, cameras, DSG boxes and 1.4tsi engines but its not for long at all.
The cameras are small enough that a few thousand could be delivered within a matter of days.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1285 on: 05 July 2013, 10:45 »
Not the news I wanted to hear mcmaddy... I really hope this isn't goin to delay all ordered with rear view cameras!  :cry:

Golf MkVII GTD Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Rear Camera, Keyless

Offline ginnes

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1286 on: 05 July 2013, 11:34 »
I've slipped one more week to BW36 (unconfirmed) from BW35 three weeks ago, which was BW34 six weeks ago.  :sad:
I've got the rear camera, so maybe that's the reason for the latest push back.

I think adding the climate screen was most likely reason that my original estimate slipped 10 weeks to BW34 a little while back, at least it'll be a handy option to have it when I get my car in late September/early October !

Not going to get too stressed out about the delay, my mate waited 8 1/2 months for a pretty standard A4 avant, and anyway, the sun is out and I've got beer chilling in the fridge for when I get home ...  :smug:

Dealer also said if someone wanted to order today they would be looking at March 2014 delivery.

Current - Mk 7 GTI, Audi S2 Avant, Audi ur quattro
Finally arrived, only took 25 weeks! - Mk 7 GTI Tornado Red 5 Dr DSG.
PP, ACC, Keyless entry, Discover Pro, Park assist, Rear view camera, Winter pack, Climate windscreen, Advanced Phone prep.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1287 on: 05 July 2013, 11:35 »
Dealer also said if someone wanted to order today they would be looking at March 2014 delivery.

:shocked:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1288 on: 05 July 2013, 11:42 »
I've slipped one more week to BW36 (unconfirmed) from BW35 three weeks ago, which was BW34 six weeks ago.  :sad:
I've got the rear camera, so maybe that's the reason for the latest push back.

I think adding the climate screen was most likely reason that my original estimate slipped 10 weeks to BW34 a little while back, at least it'll be a handy option to have it when I get my car in late September/early October !

Not going to get too stressed out about the delay, my mate waited 8 1/2 months for a pretty standard A4 avant, and anyway, the sun is out and I've got beer chilling in the fridge for when I get home ...  :smug:

Climate screen isnt available until bw45 which is sometime in november.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1289 on: 05 July 2013, 12:17 »
Climate screen isnt available until bw45 which is sometime in november.

Seriously?  When the hell did that bombshell land?

Did you really cancel your order mcmaddy?  I was expecting (hoping) to move to BW confirmed today but no such luck.  I'm gonna give it until Tues or Weds next week but this is getting seriously stupid now.  Waiting until BW35 is long enough, but I can put up with it, but to keep being pushed back and back and back and never getting to a confirmed date is just ludicrous.

Such a lack of information from VW.  I've only ever had one conversation where I felt it was real candid info (told BW35) all other discussions with them they are evasive and just give the line "it fluctuates day to day we don't want to tell you anything until its confirmed".  Well that is f*cking useless then isn't it?  You might as well just say "we won't tell you when it will be built period, could be a month, could be many many months, who can say?" because that is what this amounts to practically!

Urgh.