Author Topic: MIB2.5 Firmware ?  (Read 860 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
MIB2.5 Firmware ?
« on: 28 June 2022, 16:53 »
HI guys, just a quick question. Does anyone know firstly if there is an updated firmware for my head unit (see below), and secondly if it's possible to update yourself or is it only a dealer procedure. There's nothing too wrong with mine but it's an early 2018 firmware (i.e the car's never been updated), and I just wondered if there's anything newer ?

My current unit is

Device Part Number - 3QOO3587C
Hardware 851
Software 0876

Thanks.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Re: MIB2.5 Firmware ?
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2022, 17:11 »
Just seen this on YT, dont know if id be brave enough to try myself though, confused.com!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FlHM9VZl_s

Opening https://mibsolution.one and navigating to MQB solution it seems to me 0876 is the latest SW??
« Last Edit: 28 June 2022, 17:24 by madstaff »
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2022, 17:27 »
2014 owner here with the MIB1 unit. I contacted my local dealership regarding a firmware update. I wanted to get it done to try and get the stupid issue resolved where the screen goes crazy and opens things on it's own in cold weather (so be relieved it's not that bad). Obviously this common issue isn't recognised as a fault so I would of had to pay and I managed to bribe the garage I bought to car from to cover the fee as it started as soon as I got the car.

Weirdly the guy I contacted at the dealership by email tried to put me off. He said I'm welcome to have it done but that the firmware update might "create new issues". Can't see how anything could've got worse with an update but seemed like a strange reply. I didn't bother in the end after I found out it was a common issue with MIB1 units

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2022, 20:25 »
In general if your unit is working properly then it doesn't need a firmware update. It's only advisable if you have issues with the unit.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2022, 21:56 »
HI guys, just a quick question. Does anyone know firstly if there is an updated firmware for my head unit (see below), and secondly if it's possible to update yourself or is it only a dealer procedure. There's nothing too wrong with mine but it's an early 2018 firmware (i.e the car's never been updated), and I just wondered if there's anything newer ?

My current unit is

Device Part Number - 3QOO3587C
Hardware 851
Software 0876

Thanks.
done my firmware on my 2.5 discover pro think it went from 913 to 1367, downloaded onto SD card, press and hold menu button for a few seconds, then select upgrade and select sd1, it’s pretty easy but can take 10-45 minutes (so suggest either keep engine runnine or connect to a charger, I’ve done both with no problem)
You can also do a custom install and just install certain modules, you have to go into the green screen for that tho, and select custom install, then when it reads the sd card it gives you a check list of what you can install and you just put a tick next to what you want
Also the update should check your existing version and it will tell you if you can’t update with a metadata2.txt error (or you can look in the file and it tells you what older firmwares it can replace)

Wait 3QOO3587C is a discover media not pro 🤦‍♂️ So mib 2 not 2.5
« Last Edit: 29 June 2022, 10:23 by Vwjap »

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2022, 10:44 »
In general if your unit is working properly then it doesn't need a firmware update. It's only advisable if you have issues with the unit.

This is the best advice anyone can give, if there is something wrong that's fundamental, and only a firmware update can resolve, then you have no choice, but from experience, personally and from being in IT industry, you carry on as is, or tread very carefully and preferably have done by someone who knows what doing, a firmware punt is dangerous territory :)
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC