Author Topic: TDI badge placement  (Read 900 times)

Offline Mr_mitch3ll

• Just got here
TDI badge placement
« on: 23 June 2022, 21:53 »
Hi all
I've recently got a mk7 golf 2019 and it only has the golf badge on the left hand side. Could anybody give me the proper measurement guide/picture so i can get it 100% putting the TDI badge on first time round.

Offline JMS

• Not said much yet
Re: TDI badge placement
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2022, 22:26 »
Putting a TDI badge on a GTi - nice touch  :cool:

Reminds me of putting Polo_CL badges on my G40 many years ago.

…..unless you’re on the wrong forum??
Previous Dubs now sold:
- Manual Mk7 CSG PP, stg1, RS3 bushes, 26mm RARB & a lot of carnauba.
- DSG mkV R32, black with even more carnauba
- Manual Corrado VR6, dragon green
- Manual Polo G40 - Tornado red, Jabbasport ported charger
- Mk2 Big Bumper 8v GTI, Calypso blue

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2022, 22:28 »
Taken from the workshop manual.

2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2022, 22:34 »

Changing the subject, G40 you say?? Did a bit of work to one many years ago, it used to belong to the Chesterfield Club Gti area organiser or something like that IIRC before the lad who i knew owned it.
Dark green, with a rear disc conversion, and a Jabbasport G lader - proper little flying machine.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline JMS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2022, 22:42 »
Mine was Tornado Red - one of the later ones 1994 L-reg.

I had my charger ported by Jabbasport too. Didn’t go for smaller pulley or anything though.

Bloody hilarious thing to drive.

I remember having dedicated toothbrushes for cleaning the BBS wheels, and putting back to black on the plastic bumpers every few washes.
Previous Dubs now sold:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 24 June 2022, 05:51 »
Ohhh G40’s, gotta love ‘em.

Funnily enough mine had a dedicated toothbrush for the RA’s too.
I soon got fed up with that lark and swapped them out for some 14” BBS RAII (OEM accessory for a Vento) instead which were much easier to clean.

Mine didn’t get the CL treatment but was partially de-badged by some thieving oik at the GTI Festival Santa Pod who half inched my grille badge.   :angry:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 24 June 2022, 08:07 »

Back in the 1990’s, I can remember people adding ‘turbo’ badges to their wheezing sub 1 litre cars that clearly didn’t have a turbo :grin:.

I don’t think the OP has said which model of mk7.5 Golf they’ve got :whistle:. However, it’s unlikely to be a GTI if it’s wearing a ‘Golf’ badge on the bottom left corner of the tailgate - I assumed the OP’s car was a diesel, hence their request.

There is a GTD / TDI forum board, but that does seem very quiet these days, and when there were more diesel Golf (GTD) members on the forum, many of them posted on the GTI forum board anyway as quite a few of the issues discussed were common to both the GTI and GTD. IMHO I think it’s good that there are non-GTI / non-VW members on the forum as it provides some useful alternative views - especially on subjects such as considering what car to buy next.

Apologies for going off topic……………
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 24 June 2022, 09:07 »
My way to do this would be to run a horizontal masking tape line along the bottom of the GOLF badge to the other side of the tailgate. Measuring from reference points on either side will ensure that the line is level. Then run a strip of masking tape along the vertical edge of the tailgate so that the one edge just kisses the GOLF badge. Mark where the tape meets the edge of the tailgate then transfer it over to the other side. You now have the horizontal line that the TDI badge will sit on and a reference point of how far in from the edge of the tailgate it should be.

That's how I remember putting the GTI badge on the back of my Mk4 2.0 after the dealers had stuck one on that looked like a pigs arse going over a gate.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline JMS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 24 June 2022, 15:31 »

Back in the 1990’s, I can remember people adding ‘turbo’ badges to their wheezing sub 1 litre cars that clearly didn’t have a turbo :grin:.

I don’t think the OP has said which model of mk7.5 Golf they’ve got :whistle:. However, it’s unlikely to be a GTI if it’s wearing a ‘Golf’ badge on the bottom left corner of the tailgate - I assumed the OP’s car was a diesel, hence their request.

There is a GTD / TDI forum board, but that does seem very quiet these days, and when there were more diesel Golf (GTD) members on the forum, many of them posted on the GTI forum board anyway as quite a few of the issues discussed were common to both the GTI and GTD. IMHO I think it’s good that there are non-GTI / non-VW members on the forum as it provides some useful alternative views - especially on subjects such as considering what car to buy next.

Apologies for going off topic……………

Yeah - I guessed it was for an actual TDI - just having some banter  :rolleyes:
Previous Dubs now sold: