Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2783786 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12320 on: 10 July 2022, 10:57 »
Didn't have time for a before and the after is quick subtle on video but it's sporty but smart still, with zero drone. But other than the remus exhaust Audi S3 jack point kit fitted, did underneath the rear suspension with Dynax and gave it a quick clean (pictures to come).

« Last Edit: 10 July 2022, 12:28 by willni »
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #12321 on: 10 July 2022, 12:35 »
How does it sound?
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12322 on: 10 July 2022, 19:11 »
How it should've sounded from factory in my opinion, no drone but can actually hear it from the inside now. Or as Sean Connery would say Shhhporty, but not yobbish by any means. If I fancy it louder I can do a back box delete but I'm pleased with it.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12323 on: 10 July 2022, 20:01 »
Would love to hear it some day will ni  if we could arrange  some time.  I’m not too far away I think from yourself

Offline Markee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12324 on: 11 July 2022, 12:59 »
Not so much the car but it did take me there and ultimately will be for the car but on Saturday i was at UK Detailing Academy in Cirencester on a one day course. Not the best weather for cleaning cars with the heat but we managed (thankfully it wasn't mine) but a great course run with plenty of banter. I did the course to make sure what i was already doing was correct, pick up a few pointers as well but the main thing was to have a go at machine polishing before being cut loose on my own car  :grin:

Another bonus was i set a new mpg record for me on the way there, 40.6 (previous was 38.7), not knowing the A & B roads helped massively as i didn't achieve the same on the return journey lol.
A chequered previous car history (mainly blue oval, sorry) prior to owning Golf's.
2001 mk4 TDI - died at some traffic lights due to someone not stopping!
2000 mk4 GTD - a dog of a car, sold to WBAC in limp mode!
2000 mk4 1.8T - most fun i've had in a Golf (until now) but nearly cost me my licence!
2020 mk7.5 Tornado Red TCR - current ride.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12325 on: 11 July 2022, 13:51 »
Would love to hear it some day will ni  if we could arrange  some time.  I’m not too far away I think from yourself

Yes no problem mate, I'm Lisburn so pretty central for most places  :smiley:

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #12326 on: 12 July 2022, 10:14 »
Had the air con regassed yesterday. £124, new gas  :sad:  Just missed the cutoff for the old gas in terms of car build date, I gather. Late 2017.

Last week I noticed that "LO" didn't feel much different to 21 deg C. Then performance fell off a cliff, so on the hottest day of the year so far I only had hot air blowing at me, be it from the vents or the windows. Only have a 5 minute commute but I stepped out of the car sweating!

Money well spent, all things considered. You don't realise how much you need it until it's gone!

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12327 on: 12 July 2022, 18:57 »

Yes no problem mate, I'm Lisburn so pretty central for most places  :smiley:
cheers will. Give you a shout after the annual July holidays

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #12328 on: 12 July 2022, 23:57 »
Did this .......  :grin:

Nice, currently on 107k myself.

Nice 👍
What issues have had how old is car?

Mine is also 2014, Rear dampers at around 70k Waterpump/Thermostat housing at 40k and 100000k and DSG gearbox at 60k.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12329 on: 14 July 2022, 18:46 »
Today has been the day of glass. Front and rear screens washed, decontaminated and clayed (with a mitt). Then a polish with CarPro CeriGlass and sealed with two applications of Gtechniq C2v3 (wiper arms too). Side glass cleaned with Valet Pro. Activities finished off with a new pair of Bosch wiper blades.

That’s a lot of work for a bit of glass!

Didn't have time for a before and the after is quick subtle on video but it's sporty but smart still, with zero drone. But other than the remus exhaust Audi S3 jack point kit fitted, did underneath the rear suspension with Dynax and gave it a quick clean (pictures to come).

The pipes look great.
The whole car looks great.  :cool:
Had the air con regassed yesterday. £124, new gas  :sad:  Just missed the cutoff for the old gas in terms of car build date, I gather. Late 2017.

Last week I noticed that "LO" didn't feel much different to 21 deg C. Then performance fell off a cliff, so on the hottest day of the year so far I only had hot air blowing at me, be it from the vents or the windows. Only have a 5 minute commute but I stepped out of the car sweating!

Money well spent, all things considered. You don't realise how much you need it until it's gone!

£89 at ATS using a groupon voucher via the Monkeyhanger school of economics approach.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner