Author Topic: what happend to p11jon  (Read 23663 times)

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: what happend to p11jon
« Reply #50 on: 09 May 2012, 21:47 »
rust issues are present on MK4

Arches where he inner trim rubs aint off and rear tailgate handle are real bad spots

Mk5 has major issues with rust too from poor build quality

seems the newer they get the worse build they are

take early and late spec mk3 for Example, no wax protection on late cars like their is on early cars (same as what mk2 had)

Rich will empty it now mate :wink:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #51 on: 09 May 2012, 21:59 »
rust issues are present on MK4

Arches where he inner trim rubs aint off and rear tailgate handle are real bad spots

Mk5 has major issues with rust too from poor build quality

seems the newer they get the worse build they are

take early and late spec mk3 for Example, no wax protection on late cars like their is on early cars (same as what mk2 had)

Rich will empty it now mate :wink:

Still full bud?

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #52 on: 09 May 2012, 22:01 »
This is what the MK6 looks like underneath, this was a 60 plate, 2 week old car:

This was so crap, you could see no paint even when the wing and bonnet was on!:

Couple of bits of rust as well where some sponge thing behind the wing (no idea what it's for, insulation of something) had soaked up water and sat on partial BARE METAL.  :shocked:

Total shocking build/paint on it, wax looked like it was fired on with a Super Soaker, some bits having a huge thick layer, other bits where it mattered having none. See these cars being rust buckets later on in life.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #53 on: 10 May 2012, 11:38 »
mk5's eh??? that they up'd the displacement and left it with a k03s turbo   :lipsrsealed: yeah thats an improvement  :rolleyes: when the audi and seat got the same engine but with a better turbo. If anything the mk5 was a bit of a con, just paying for the badge  :smug:

:rolleyes: :huh:

what are you talking about? do you know anything about the TFSI engines? are aware of the difference in chassis between the mk4 & 5?

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #54 on: 10 May 2012, 12:05 »
mk5's eh??? that they up'd the displacement and left it with a k03s turbo   :lipsrsealed: yeah thats an improvement  :rolleyes: when the audi and seat got the same engine but with a better turbo. If anything the mk5 was a bit of a con, just paying for the badge  :smug:

:rolleyes: :huh:

what are you talking about? do you know anything about the TFSI engines? are aware of the difference in chassis between the mk4 & 5?

yea ones bigger!  :cool:

define 'bigger'

If you mean bigger as in better then you are correct.

the mk4 like the mk3 before it should never have been made. the fact that the mk5 was classed as the return of the original gti tells you just about everything you need to know.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #55 on: 10 May 2012, 12:14 »
ment bigger as in size  :grin:

I see you are competent in the art of observation

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 10 May 2012, 12:38 »
Say all you want my Mk4 has been a fantastic car never broken down never had any major issues, so i am glad they made it as i still love it, ok there was the odd build issue like window regulators & wiper motors/linkage & the stupid hose clips lol but since replacing them year ago had many many miles of happy motoring.

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #57 on: 10 May 2012, 12:57 »
this thread needs to be renamed fight for the best mk golf  :grin: who gives a f**k what happened to p11jon  :laugh:

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #58 on: 10 May 2012, 12:59 »
I think we hurt a mk5 owner's feelings. Mk5 handling was better but that's where it ends for me, yes tfsi engine is more efficient by injecting directly into the cylinder, which in turn more bang for buck. But they could of upped the turbo imo, your offering a better chassis with something not much more powerful than the predecessor. This is what imo let it down for me.

We can argue all day as we all have different opinions, but personally I would of got a mk1 or 2 Leon over the mk5 even with the cheap ass cabin in the seat. It's like you love the r32, I hate it, I think the vr6 engine is outdated after the mk3, yet I think Audi got there next generation of TT right when they made the mk2 engine wise and good to see the 5pot back in the rs... but as said we have different opinions and views.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2012, 13:02 by golf-sib »

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #59 on: 10 May 2012, 13:18 »

It's like you love the r32, I hate it