Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 675658 times)

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1360 on: 04 March 2014, 22:02 »
So ive had my car now for just over 4 months, got nice and comfortable driving it quick for short burst but tonight decided to go for a 'proper drive', and I gotta say what a car!

All of the drive was down country roads in the Cotswolds around the stow area, 39miles with an ave of 14mpg  :grin:, my old down side would be the breaks towards the end of the drive (and did cut it short by about 10 miles to let the breaks cool down), after a long step downhill stretch and a strong smell of burning decided to pull over, smoke bailing off the front and the backs glowing bright red.

Was really happy with how the car held the road only have budget tyres on the front but still held really well, only a slight bit of oversteer at one point but apart from that gripped like glue!

Compared to my normal work drive of a 7.5 ton truck with blue lights (that's so much fun to blast through some red lights and counter steer round a roundabout  :cool:) its even more fun to drive, a bad point from tonight it that I think im gonna be broke when I cant resist a stage 2 remap  :laugh:

Just cos I know you all love pics  :wink:

Smokin front

Red hot rear

Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #1361 on: 04 March 2014, 23:13 »
Sounds like you had fun pal! In future try to coast round for a while to cool the brakes off. You could end up with warped discs otherwise.

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1362 on: 04 March 2014, 23:21 »
Yea I stopped for a bit at a shop, then thought should prob get them rolling to cool them down so a slower ish last 10 miles home, people have said about hot spots where the pads hold heat. the bonnet up and ignition on aswell, my car normally sits around 92-96c on the digital temp it was up at 112.
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1363 on: 04 March 2014, 23:48 »
Went on the dyno today. Remember these are whp.  :evil:

image by john.hurditch, on Flickr
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline seanule

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1364 on: 05 March 2014, 19:12 »
Gave the old gal a clean :)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1365 on: 06 March 2014, 16:01 »
Quick detailed it in works car park.  When I parked up this morning it was spotless, come leaving time, it appeared a flock of seagulls (not the 80s pop group) had crapped all over it, every single panel - again!   Looked like someone had chucked a can white paint at it.  :angry:

Also fiddled about with the rcd510 which has developed a few new annoying quirks of late - muting the sound just after ignition is turned on, and randomly altering the volume.  Nearly had a heart attack driving along A2 this afternoon when it jumped to near full volume of it's own accord.

Finally, bought some oil and topped it up.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1366 on: 07 March 2014, 18:33 »
Just added Video in Motion to my RNS510  :grin:

Offline spiderman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1367 on: 08 March 2014, 10:24 »
4 New Boots :smiley:

Advan Sport V105's, Looks very similar to the F1's, that has to be a good thing :wink:

Sandy
« Last Edit: 08 March 2014, 10:25 by spiderman »
Looking something classic

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1368 on: 08 March 2014, 11:05 »
Finally had the weather to spend all day on the car and give it's first proper clean :)

Firstly though fitted my seat inserts that had arrived :)

On with the cleaning, car was first snow foamed with Megs Hyper Wash through my mesto foamer, then washed with Megs Gold Class and dried with a Monza drying towel.

Then came decontamination, I spent ages with AG Tar Removing going round the car because it was covered in tar spots!! After this Autofinesse Iron Out was sprayed on but didn't bring out too much:

Then the car was clayed with Megs clay using Autofiness Glide as lube. Roof wasn't too bad:

Front bumper a bit worse!:

After the clay she was rinsed off before applying two layers of Collinite 845 followed by two coats of GTechniq C2v3. Exhausts polished with Megs NXT Metal Polish and windows done with AG Fast Glass:

Reflections:

Leather was also cleaned with Autofinesse Hide and then conditioned with Raceglaze Leather Balm:

Nice to have her looking how i want now :D

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1369 on: 08 March 2014, 13:14 »
^^^
Red looks amazing when properly detailed.  Great work seabrook   :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11