Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165221 times)

Offline sunbeamgls

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #3080 on: 07 February 2020, 14:16 »
Been on the forum for a few weeks whilst I was waiting for this to arrive - Indium Performance 245.  All standard and will be staying that way :)

First foray into VW ownership for me.

« Last Edit: 07 February 2020, 15:06 by sunbeamgls »

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3081 on: 07 February 2020, 15:06 »
Looks great! You wouldn't happen to frequent the 'Wam forum by chance?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3082 on: 07 February 2020, 15:29 »
Been on the forum for a few weeks whilst I was waiting for this to arrive - Indium Performance 245.  All standard and will be staying that way :)

That looks stunning..... I have to admit I was 50/50 between the White silver and Indium and the more I see it I wish I'd gone Indium now!! :rolleyes:

Maybe next time if a TCR in the solid grey doesn't tempt me first!! :whistle:

Either way, welcome and nice car, I hope you enjoy it! Just bare in mind that from now on every car you ever own will be compared to a GTI!!

2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten

Offline sunbeamgls

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3083 on: 07 February 2020, 16:17 »

Guilty! I have a room at the show next month, if you're going we could meet up.

Offline sunbeamgls

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3084 on: 07 February 2020, 16:19 »

That looks stunning..... I have to admit I was 50/50 between the White silver and Indium and the more I see it I wish I'd gone Indium now!! :rolleyes:

Maybe next time if a TCR in the solid grey doesn't tempt me first!! :whistle:

Either way, welcome and nice car, I hope you enjoy it! Just bare in mind that from now on every car you ever own will be compared to a GTI!!

Thanks - I was initially thinking to change the wheels, but they're much better in the metal than they look in photos.
« Last Edit: 07 February 2020, 16:21 by sunbeamgls »

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3085 on: 07 February 2020, 16:42 »

Guilty! I have a room at the show next month, if you're going we could meet up.

I'll have a look at that, cheers! I'm Carrington on there by the way.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Andy198

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3086 on: 07 February 2020, 20:15 »
Welcome to you. Car looks amazing, good luck.
GTI PP Mk7.5 with DCC, Sunroof, Brescias / BBS SR & 90% Tints

Offline Kingy25

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3087 on: 08 February 2020, 18:26 »

My wife has had the Beetle Dune for a couple of years, but the 7.5 R is a new arrival for me. Last car I 'owned' was a Lexus RX450h, then a couple of company cars. Recent complete change of job as I was bored has meant I'm close to home and back in my own car.

Test drove a 7.5 GTI PP on 19" Brescias and loved it. Very nearly bought the car. Having read through threads on here and living in the Peaks I decided to try a Golf R just to see how it went. Drove that and was blown away with the drive. Changed my mind and did the deal on the R which I'm very happy with and intend to be a keeper.
I was concerned about the ride quality on 19" wheels, but in both cases (GTI and R) the ride was surprisingly (to me) very very good. So much so that I specifically wanted the colour/ wheels and sunroof combo that I found on the R. Very happy camper!

Only mod I have done is changing the footrest (thanks for that forum thread) and chucking a VW boot mat in. I have no intention of any performance upgrades. I want to keep this car stock - plus I've got 2.5 years warranty I don't want to mess with.

The Beetle (Dune) is a quirky thing that gets all the comments. It looks great and is surprisingly fun (in a go kart kind of way) to drive.

Offline sunbeamgls

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3088 on: 10 February 2020, 09:29 »

My wife has had the Beetle Dune for a couple of years, but the 7.5 R is a new arrival for me. Last car I 'owned' was a Lexus RX450h, then a couple of company cars. Recent complete change of job as I was bored has meant I'm close to home and back in my own car.

Test drove a 7.5 GTI PP on 19" Brescias and loved it. Very nearly bought the car. Having read through threads on here and living in the Peaks I decided to try a Golf R just to see how it went. Drove that and was blown away with the drive. Changed my mind and did the deal on the R which I'm very happy with and intend to be a keeper.
I was concerned about the ride quality on 19" wheels, but in both cases (GTI and R) the ride was surprisingly (to me) very very good. So much so that I specifically wanted the colour/ wheels and sunroof combo that I found on the R. Very happy camper!

Only mod I have done is changing the footrest (thanks for that forum thread) and chucking a VW boot mat in. I have no intention of any performance upgrades. I want to keep this car stock - plus I've got 2.5 years warranty I don't want to mess with.

The Beetle (Dune) is a quirky thing that gets all the comments. It looks great and is surprisingly fun (in a go kart kind of way) to drive.

Nice combo.  The R looks fantastic in that colour and on those wheels.

Offline Tallpaul

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3089 on: 29 February 2020, 18:12 »

My new car awaiting PDI at the dealership prior to collection on Monday :)

Spec:

MY20 Golf GTI Performance 5dr DSG:
- Atlantic Blue Metallic
- 19" Brescia Alloys
- Discover Pro
« Last Edit: 29 February 2020, 18:34 by Tallpaul »