Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165086 times)

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2520 on: 10 September 2015, 18:43 »
Thats a bit like ordering the GTI performance pack and the dealer just painting the calipers for you. There's a lot more to it.

At the end of the day its what makes you happy. Good luck for pick up. The surprise sounds great.

Not really, the OP only asked about the red calipers and the tints which are both cosmetic. If he'd have wanted sport and sound, surely he'd have mentioned it in the original post? Completely different to not adding the PP as it's a performance option and also shows as a different model on the V5
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #2521 on: 11 September 2015, 13:16 »
Yet another clueless dealer - I wonder if the brochure has been corrected yet - when it first came out its description of Sport and Sound pack was completely wrong....

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2522 on: 11 September 2015, 22:51 »
Not really, the OP only asked about the red calipers and the tints which are both cosmetic. If he'd have wanted sport and sound, surely he'd have mentioned it in the original post? Completely different to not adding the PP as it's a performance option and also shows as a different model on the V5

You can't get just red calipers on there own so clearly part of another pack. Granted my analogy wasn't quite correct but I was just trying to highlight to the OP painting the calipers was only part of the problem. The fact he hasn't mentioned S&S makes me wonder if he actually knows what he's agreed to forfeit due to their incompetence.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #2523 on: 12 September 2015, 18:14 »

You can't get just red calipers on there own so clearly part of another pack. Granted my analogy wasn't quite correct but I was just trying to highlight to the OP painting the calipers was only part of the problem. The fact he hasn't mentioned S&S makes me wonder if he actually knows what he's agreed to forfeit due to their incompetence.

I see what you mean - some people aren't as keen to know what every last little bit is/does like I (we) do.

Still only cosmetic/sound differences though.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #2525 on: 25 September 2015, 21:42 »
https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/647473032085262337

Is it a GTI, GTD?
I assume it's not an R as the steering wheel is silver/chrome and not black :undecided:
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2526 on: 25 September 2015, 21:45 »
https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/647473032085262337

Is it a GTI, GTD?
I assume it's not an R as the steering wheel is silver/chrome and not black :undecided:

The rev counter is red-lined at 6k, so suggests it's a GTI
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #2527 on: 29 September 2015, 17:10 »
Its a GTI. I was at the Top Gear Live show earlier in the year and it was mentioned that he had ordered a GTi because he was now unemployed lol.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #2528 on: 29 September 2015, 17:11 »
Or of course I should have said it was Clarkson, Hammond and May Live  :smiley:
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline GatsbyIII

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2529 on: 19 October 2015, 16:53 »
Just picked this baby up today... :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

Current: 2015 MK VII GTi Performance/Nav 3Dr Manual | Pearlescent Black | Dynaudio | Sunroof | Parking Pack | Keyless | Rear Privacy Glass 90%