Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1164967 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2170 on: 05 April 2014, 23:31 »
pjr you have mud flaps can you take a few pics to see how they look. Im tempted...

PS Nice motor

Although mudflaps aren't really my taste i do think they look ok on the 7 as they kind of tie in with the skirts and diffuser. :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2171 on: 05 April 2014, 23:39 »
pjr you have mud flaps can you take a few pics to see how they look. Im tempted...

PS Nice motor

Although mudflaps aren't really my taste i do think they look ok on the 7 as they kind of tie in with the skirts and diffuser. :cool:

Don't do it Jimble  :grin: :grin:

Offline pjr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2172 on: 07 April 2014, 18:10 »

PS Nice motor

Some closer shots of the mudflaps - colour has gone a but funny, as the paintwork looks a bit orange, and the skirts & mudflaps don't look so different in colour in real life.

Tornado Red Golf GTI 5 Door (220PS) - Discover Nav, Winter Pack, Mudflaps & Service Plan (Built BW11 & collected 5th April 2014)

Spritmonitor Fuel Economy :

Offline p9ul

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2173 on: 07 April 2014, 19:58 »
Are the mudflaps an OEM part? Seeing as my incoming car is black they won't stand out like a sore thumb and they'll certainly earn their keep on the roads round our neck of the woods...

Offline pjr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2174 on: 07 April 2014, 20:49 »
Are the mudflaps an OEM part? Seeing as my incoming car is black they won't stand out like a sore thumb and they'll certainly earn their keep on the roads round our neck of the woods...

Yes,  they're an official VW accessory and my dealer fitted them for me before I picked the car up.
Tornado Red Golf GTI 5 Door (220PS) - Discover Nav, Winter Pack, Mudflaps & Service Plan (Built BW11 & collected 5th April 2014)

Spritmonitor Fuel Economy :

Offline Mohsin

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2175 on: 09 April 2014, 11:40 »
Picked mine up last Thursday but just got chance to wash it:

2014 Golf GTD
2010 Civic Type R Mugen - Sold
2004 Leon FR PD150 - Sold

Offline CR4ZYHOR5E

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2176 on: 09 April 2014, 12:49 »
Got mine delivered this morning, a company car replacement for a 1 series. Had a quick drive and am really pleased.

Old

New

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #2177 on: 09 April 2014, 16:24 »
ooo i recognise that area! another west sussex'ite :) - looking forward to seeing you out on the roads :) (My plate ends in FAK, also a PW GTD :) )
Love the car :)
VW Golf MK7 GTD Manual 5DR Pure White

Offline CR4ZYHOR5E

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2178 on: 09 April 2014, 18:37 »
Yep, had a quick drive over the Trundle and back through Chi this afternoon, fantastic weather!

Will keep a good lookout for you  :cool:

Cheers

Offline JakeF

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2179 on: 10 April 2014, 14:29 »
So close and yet so far still for me - explained the rather gutting mess up the dealer made on the BW12 thread, but here are the quick photos I took while coming to terms with the fact it wasn't going to be mine!

Golf R Estate mk7
Previously Golf GTI mk7