Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1164983 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1220 on: 26 September 2013, 13:10 »
Regarding the driver mirror, presumably the assumption is that you need it in normal position to see what traffic is approaching while you parallel park.  In theory it rare that you parallel park on the drivers side, but as we all know theory isn't always representative of reality.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1221 on: 26 September 2013, 13:14 »
Also car set to long service 20000 miles. Eventhough I got the three service pack. I called the dealer and he said we have noted it on out system for you to bring it in after 10000 or 12 months.

My only gripe would be and I don't know if it's the setting is the mirror dropping to show the curb on reverse. Currently only the passenger side drops on reverse not the driver side. What if I'm parking with the driver side close to the curb. Can this be changed to both in the settings?

Nice write up!  Glad you're enjoying your new motor!!!  Worth the wait eh!

The point about the service interval is an excellent one - I also made sure I specified this prior to pick up as otherwise they'll put you on a long life service, and then you won't get your money's worth from the service pack!

Question on the dipping mirror - what setting do you have the nob on to make this happen?  Doesn't work on mine and it should.  Also, I'm pretty sure only the passenger side mirror moves down and not on the driver's side.

The knob has to be on the left mirror mate, put it in reverse and set the mirror where you want it for reversing then when you drive forward above 5mph it'll go back to it's normal position.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1222 on: 26 September 2013, 13:50 »
The knob has to be on the left mirror mate, put it in reverse and set the mirror where you want it for reversing then when you drive forward above 5mph it'll go back to it's normal position.

Excellent, I didn't know that so I'll get onto that as soon as I get into the car tonight - thanks mate!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Simon C

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1223 on: 26 September 2013, 13:58 »
Hi Misterp - I enjoyed your right up. Like many of the others waiting those bits of insight and keeping us motivated through these 'difficult times'  :huh:

Will be interesting to see how your weekend drive goes.....make sure you give us all the full de-brief. Congrats again!

Si

P.s. Funny you mention the works car park....I was thinking something very similar the other day. The new GTI will look the b@@@ocks. Only problem being some flash consultant has an Aston Martin which may have the beating of the new gti when she comes. :whistle:
Letting my heart rule and not my head - GTI Mark 7 arrived: 3dr, 19" Santiago, sat nav, pure white.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1224 on: 26 September 2013, 15:15 »
I was out at lunchtime (had an errand to run into the town centre). One the way out, I approached a set of traffic lights which were on red. It was a dual carriageway and I was in the inside lane about 3 cars back from the lights.

In the outside lane approached a Black 10 plate Focus ST, loaded with young lads (4 up). You know the sort, blacked out (totally) rear windows, black allows, big bore exhaust. Well quite worryingly, as they approached the back of my car they stopped, a good 30 feet from the lights and held up the cars behind. I looked in my mirror to see what they were doing and they were all pointing at my car with both passenger side windows now opened. Very slowly (like 2 miles per hour), they gradually drew level with me, and the front passenger, with a big grin on his face, just shouted to me "niceeeeeeeee" and gave me thumbs up. Moments later they were gone, doing about 70 in a 40 zone !

That's about the 4th time something like that has happened. These MK7's seem to be drawing lots of admiring looks  :smiley:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1225 on: 26 September 2013, 15:24 »
I was out at lunchtime (had an errand to run into the town centre). One the way out, I approached a set of traffic lights which were on red. It was a dual carriageway and I was in the inside lane about 3 cars back from the lights.

In the outside lane approached a Black 10 plate Focus ST, loaded with young lads (4 up). You know the sort, blacked out (totally) rear windows, black allows, big bore exhaust. Well quite worryingly, as they approached the back of my car they stopped, a good 30 feet from the lights and held up the cars behind. I looked in my mirror to see what they were doing and they were all pointing at my car with both passenger side windows now opened. Very slowly (like 2 miles per hour), they gradually drew level with me, and the front passenger, with a big grin on his face, just shouted to me "niceeeeeeeee" and gave me thumbs up. Moments later they were gone, doing about 70 in a 40 zone !

That's about the 4th time something like that has happened. These MK7's seem to be drawing lots of admiring looks  :smiley:

How the hell did you not nail it from the lights and show them up!?  No way I could of resisted it!  Obviously only up to 40mph mind....  :whistle:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Hobojim

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1226 on: 26 September 2013, 15:28 »
Drag race central!

How could you not ?

Opportunities like that do not come around very often!

Honestly say I am disappointed..

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1227 on: 26 September 2013, 15:47 »
Because I was boxed it with 2 cars in front of me, and a whole heap of cars behind him so I couldn't get out.....believe me I wanted too  :grin: :grin:

Sorry guys, let the side down..................I'll get my coat.......
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1228 on: 26 September 2013, 15:54 »
Because I was boxed it with 2 cars in front of me, and a whole heap of cars behind him so I couldn't get out.....believe me I wanted too  :grin: :grin:

Aye that's right, get the excuses in early  :grin: :grin:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1229 on: 26 September 2013, 15:54 »

We'll let you off as we thought you were side by side with no cars in front of you!  :laugh:

Annoyingly, you would have destroyed them as well - ST is slower plus with 4 chavs in the car even more so!  Ah well, next time!!  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018