Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165143 times)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1190 on: 23 September 2013, 16:39 »
Anyone tell me whether Kyleb's is the flat black or metallic black??

I can tell you its the Metallic Black mate.

Pain in the arse to keep clean  :rolleyes:

Offline HD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1191 on: 23 September 2013, 20:05 »

Is GTI-Newbie's the metallic black too?? Wanted to see them both to compare (flat black & metallic black) not seen many flat blacks and my local dealer doesn't have any cars in flat black neither.

Offline GTI-Newbie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1192 on: 24 September 2013, 19:44 »

Is GTI-Newbie's the metallic black too?? Wanted to see them both to compare (flat black & metallic black) not seen many flat blacks and my local dealer doesn't have any cars in flat black neither.

Yeah mine is metallic black too.
Current: Deep Black Mk7 GTI with Sat Nav and winter pack

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1193 on: 24 September 2013, 19:57 »
I wouldn't worry too much about that damaged plastic, your dealer will more than likely just replace it. I know it's a pain! If it were me, I'd probably take delivery and take it back for replacement when the part arrives. Ask for some compensation (tank of fuel maybe?) for the inconvenience...

Yeah I am going to call him in the morning once he has had chance to show it to the body shop, I don't mind them repairing it in the short term but am going insist on a new one when they can get it delivered  ;)

They'll be able to get a replacement trim piece within a day or two and it's only screwed on (i think) so shouldn't be a problem, when did you want to collect it?

Latest from dealer is that they are going to put a new one on, pick car up Monday now, maybe they are giving themselves a bit of extra time in case the new skirt takes as long to get here as the car did  :laugh:

Plan tomorrow is to go in and sign up finance and confirm that it's a new one that will be fitted, I then tell them I will want to see the old one as well when I pick the car up  :wink:

Of course I trust them ..............  :whistle:

Been in today, car was in workshop having PDI so I had another snoop around it, I love it already.

Went to body shop and grabbed the guy in charge and questioned him about the skirt, he was aware and said he was changing it for new, happy days, pick it up Monday, can't wait  :laugh:

Must say, the leather which Mrs D dug her heels in for looks the absolute boll@cks with the dark interior and roof lining, very happy  :cool:
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1194 on: 24 September 2013, 23:06 »
I'm a new arrival to Mexico. Just got to wor hotel and surveying the complimentary minibar. The holiday starts here, missing driving the GTD already.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1195 on: 24 September 2013, 23:08 »
I'm a new arrival to Mexico. Just got to wor hotel and surveying the complimentary minibar. The holiday starts here, missing driving the GTD already.

Forget the GTD. Complimentary mini bar!! Get drinking  :grin:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1196 on: 24 September 2013, 23:31 »

Just about to check out one of the many proper bars, don't drink much in the room after first arrival whilst unpacking. Just having a Dos Equis now!  :tongue:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1197 on: 24 September 2013, 23:37 »

Just about to check out one of the many proper bars, don't drink much in the room after first arrival whilst unpacking. Just having a Dos Equis now!  :tongue:

Good man. Enjoy the holiday!

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1198 on: 25 September 2013, 07:57 »
Today is the day  :grin: 5pm is the time. Cannot wait.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #1199 on: 25 September 2013, 08:01 »
Today is the day  :grin: 5pm is the time. Cannot wait.

Great! Get out there and enjoy yourself   :grin: :grin:

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist