Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165079 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1180 on: 22 September 2013, 21:34 »
They do look good in black  :cool:

To be fair most cars look good in black, they are just a bugger to keep clean and it's almost impossible to hide/avoid the deaded swirls
I agree but I think its a colour that works well on the mk7 imo and im just not a fan of white cars as white cars were always reps cars when I was younger. Its also a very very popular choice which would make me consider a different colour anyway.
I also own a non metallic black car so know exactly what you meen about the upkeep.

I was never a fan of white cars myself but some of the modern cars just seem to suit it so well. My previous 3 cars have all been black and at the outset the colour is fantastic but it shows every slight mark.

The only other colour I would have considered would have been CSG but it's probably likely to suffer from the swirl marks as well.

Offline EliteBajan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1181 on: 22 September 2013, 22:45 »
GTI-Newbie I'll have to pay more attention to these threads!! Sorry I didn't realise that you had got a DBP GTI.

I've already been into my local dealership but they didn't have a single solid black  not even amongst the used cars.
Candy White Mk6 GTI 2012 - Bog standard! Weight saving you understand (stolen March 2013)

Solid Black Mk7 5dr, Leather, Performance Pack & Dynaudio.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1182 on: 23 September 2013, 09:22 »
I have attached a picture, it's about 3 inches long, salesman says he had not noticed it, glad I went in now, but surely it would have been picked up on PDI?

Of course the salesman didn't notice it, not like its job or anything, what con merchants they are  :rolleyes:

Wash your mouth out Matchboy, not all salesmen are incompetent or just want your money  :laugh: :whistle:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1183 on: 23 September 2013, 09:50 »
It's official I have just spoken to my dealership, I am collecting my baby at 5.00pm Wednesday evening. Now I'm excited. I have to order my valet in stuff get everything prepped. Tomorrow will fly as I'm in meetings all day in Luton. Roll on Wednesday.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1184 on: 23 September 2013, 09:51 »

Of course the salesman didn't notice it, not like its job or anything, what con merchants they are  :rolleyes:

Wash your mouth out Matchboy, not all salesmen are incompetent or just want your money  :laugh: :whistle:

What was I thinking!  I know all salesman are honest as the day is long!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1185 on: 23 September 2013, 12:15 »
I wouldn't worry too much about that damaged plastic, your dealer will more than likely just replace it. I know it's a pain! If it were me, I'd probably take delivery and take it back for replacement when the part arrives. Ask for some compensation (tank of fuel maybe?) for the inconvenience...

Yeah I am going to call him in the morning once he has had chance to show it to the body shop, I don't mind them repairing it in the short term but am going insist on a new one when they can get it delivered  ;)

They'll be able to get a replacement trim piece within a day or two and it's only screwed on (i think) so shouldn't be a problem, when did you want to collect it?

Latest from dealer is that they are going to put a new one on, pick car up Monday now, maybe they are giving themselves a bit of extra time in case the new skirt takes as long to get here as the car did  :laugh:

Plan tomorrow is to go in and sign up finance and confirm that it's a new one that will be fitted, I then tell them I will want to see the old one as well when I pick the car up  :wink:

Of course I trust them ..............  :whistle:
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

Offline Blades72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1186 on: 23 September 2013, 13:55 »
I wouldn't worry too much about that damaged plastic, your dealer will more than likely just replace it. I know it's a pain! If it were me, I'd probably take delivery and take it back for replacement when the part arrives. Ask for some compensation (tank of fuel maybe?) for the inconvenience...

Yeah I am going to call him in the morning once he has had chance to show it to the body shop, I don't mind them repairing it in the short term but am going insist on a new one when they can get it delivered  ;)

They'll be able to get a replacement trim piece within a day or two and it's only screwed on (i think) so shouldn't be a problem, when did you want to collect it?

Latest from dealer is that they are going to put a new one on, pick car up Monday now, maybe they are giving themselves a bit of extra time in case the new skirt takes as long to get here as the car did  :laugh:

Plan tomorrow is to go in and sign up finance and confirm that it's a new one that will be fitted, I then tell them I will want to see the old one as well when I pick the car up  :wink:

Of course I trust them ..............  :whistle:

Make sure you also check that they have removed all the transport blocks, a fair few on here have not had theirs removed!
Gone :Mk7 GTI with Performance Pack, Pure White, Dynaudio & Extended Warranty.
Arrived: Mk7.5 PP DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1187 on: 23 September 2013, 14:29 »
What was I thinking!  I know all salesman are honest as the day is long!  :laugh:

As long as a December day in Greenland?  :grin:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1188 on: 23 September 2013, 14:55 »
Funny but true story.

When we recently collected the wife's new Blue GT at the end of July, we part exchanged her old 2011 Polo 6R SEL as part of the deal. Now as you may have guessed, I'm a bit anal with the condition of my cars, so the Friday night before collection, I gave the wife's Polo a final detail. A good snow foam, wax with AF Tripple, and a top coat of Werkstat Jett trigger. It looked like it had just come out of the showroom.

When I dropped it off the next day, about 6 of the sales force (no joke), came out to look at the Polo and couldn't believe the condition it was in for a 2½ year old car. Well apparently it only took 25mins of us giving them the keys and it was sold - straight there and then, to a lady that saw it and fell in love with it. When she asked how "they" got the paintwork so glossy, they told her it had had the Autoglym Lifeshine package  :shocked: - and then proceeded to sell her a £150 Lifeshine package with the car!!

So yeah, honest as the day is long...... :laugh:
« Last Edit: 23 September 2013, 14:57 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1189 on: 23 September 2013, 15:25 »
Yeah thats not miss selling at all. :rolleyes: