Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165137 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1170 on: 22 September 2013, 18:23 »
Black is by far the best colour, but its got to be semi clean at least.  I saw a regular mk7 in black the other day and it didn't look new like it should have, looked older and rather naff.  Reason was it needed a good clean!  If that had been a silver car, for example, with the same dirt it would have looked great.

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1171 on: 22 September 2013, 19:12 »
Praise The Lord, my car has just been dropped off at the dealers, going in tomorrow to have a quick look, can collect mid week but I am away so it will be Friday I think, very excited now  :laugh:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: nice one!

Mixed emotions today, been for a quick look at the car at the dealers today, it's just as it came off the transporter yesterday, sounded very nice as they reversed it up to the open showroom door, but to my horror there is a section of the right hand side skirt that looks like a dog has been chewing at it.

I have attached a picture, it's about 3 inches long, salesman says he had not noticed it, glad I went in now, but surely it would have been picked up on PDI?

I have said I want it sorting, whether that is a new one or repaired I don't know, can they repair plastic damaged like that? Other option is insist on new but how long will that take to come!

I have been mulling it over all day and need to ring back tomorrow, there is always something!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdx045rgo6i1eg4/2013-09-22%2011.00.42.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/egtgyxo4t10fp7h/2013-09-22%2011.00.50.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/71521vv71uk2z5r/2013-09-22%2011.12.50.jpg

Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #1172 on: 22 September 2013, 19:20 »
I wouldn't worry too much about that damaged plastic, your dealer will more than likely just replace it. I know it's a pain! If it were me, I'd probably take delivery and take it back for replacement when the part arrives. Ask for some compensation (tank of fuel maybe?) for the inconvenience...
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1173 on: 22 September 2013, 19:27 »
I wouldn't worry too much about that damaged plastic, your dealer will more than likely just replace it. I know it's a pain! If it were me, I'd probably take delivery and take it back for replacement when the part arrives. Ask for some compensation (tank of fuel maybe?) for the inconvenience...

Yeah I am going to call him in the morning once he has had chance to show it to the body shop, I don't mind them repairing it in the short term but am going insist on a new one when they can get it delivered  :wink:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1174 on: 22 September 2013, 19:35 »
Of course the salesman didn't notice it, not like its job or anything, what con merchants they are  :rolleyes:

Good job you spotted it, defo make sure they fix that before you take delivery. On the plus side, the car looks the nuts !
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #1175 on: 22 September 2013, 20:44 »
picking my gtd up on Tuesday night.... hopefully  :grin:

How many doors are you going for mcmaddy? I'm sure you can't wait?

Sam, has your tracker changed from 3 weeks yet?

I should be so lucky Valenni! It's been showing "Build in Progress" now for 2 weeks and the blurb with 4 weeks delivery to the dealer. Agnews rang me a week and a half ago to say it was at build station 1, so it could still be a lump of metal  :angry:

Any word on your car yet?
« Last Edit: 22 September 2013, 20:48 by sam67GTD »
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1176 on: 22 September 2013, 20:58 »

Yeah I am going to call him in the morning once he has had chance to show it to the body shop, I don't mind them repairing it in the short term but am going insist on a new one when they can get it delivered  ;)

They'll be able to get a replacement trim piece within a day or two and it's only screwed on (i think) so shouldn't be a problem, when did you want to collect it?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1177 on: 22 September 2013, 21:11 »
They do look good in black  :cool:

To be fair most cars look good in black, they are just a bugger to keep clean and it's almost impossible to hide/avoid the deaded swirls
I agree but I think its a colour that works well on the mk7 imo and im just not a fan of white cars as white cars were always reps cars when I was younger. Its also a very very popular choice which would make me consider a different colour anyway.
I also own a non metallic black car so know exactly what you meen about the upkeep.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1178 on: 22 September 2013, 21:16 »

Yeah I am going to call him in the morning once he has had chance to show it to the body shop, I don't mind them repairing it in the short term but am going insist on a new one when they can get it delivered  ;)

They'll be able to get a replacement trim piece within a day or two and it's only screwed on (i think) so shouldn't be a problem, when did you want to collect it?

I was hoping for Friday collection, I will get on to them in the morning, I'd rather it be right before I collect it though

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #1179 on: 22 September 2013, 21:33 »
picking my gtd up on Tuesday night.... hopefully  :grin:

How many doors are you going for mcmaddy? I'm sure you can't wait?

Sam, has your tracker changed from 3 weeks yet?

I should be so lucky Valenni! It's been showing "Build in Progress" now for 2 weeks and the blurb with 4 weeks delivery to the dealer. Agnews rang me a week and a half ago to say it was at build station 1, so it could still be a lump of metal  :angry:

Any word on your car yet?

Mate that's crazy! I thought we were both going at the same time! I got a calls Wednesday the 11th to say it was in transit. ($ weeks). 5 days later it changed to 3 weeks and the dealer confirmed it was in Emdan waiting on a boat to Grimsby, then a drive to Liverpool on the transporter and another boat to Belfast!

Give them a call in the morning, my build took 3 days!
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.