Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165220 times)

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1110 on: 20 September 2013, 13:02 »
Great first impressions Mark. Glad to hear your enjoying your new 'Ride' and like MH your first impressions mirror my exact thoughts.

However, after having spent more time in the car now, my only other real gripe would be that the sound actuator sounds pretty 'Naff' on start up and at low revs. Above 3k rpm it sounds absolutely awesome, but when poodling around in Sport Mode it does sound very artificial and unnatural indeed. Anyone else notice this?

The other thing I've noticed is that the DCC does get better over time. I don't whether its just me getting use to it, but I'm sure the car feels more compliant now and deals with potholes and bumps a lot better.
Doesn't feel as "crashy" as I first originally noticed.

Probably talking rubbish but just some of my thoughts after 500 miles.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1111 on: 20 September 2013, 13:31 »
Amazing looking car matchboy and fabulous write up. Its the real reviews like these that keep me hanging on despite VWs best efforts to p*ss me off so I go elsewhere!!

ps  great choice in music! Sirens of the Sea must easily be my most played album!!!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1112 on: 20 September 2013, 13:34 »
ps  great choice in music! Sirens of the Sea must easily be my most played album!!!

:cool:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1113 on: 20 September 2013, 13:38 »
Mh quick question does the gtechniq sealant need to be applied under shade I know it says not in direct sunlight but does that include overcast days.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1114 on: 20 September 2013, 13:39 »
I know what you mean about the new car paranoia. Every time i go anywhere, when i get out the car i'm checking the paintwork immediately for stonechips and dead insects. It's a nightmare, i need to try and relax more and just enjoy the car because sooner or later the inevitable is going to happen and im just going to have to accept it. I noticed the tiniest of spots on the bonnet the other day and spent the next few hours in a state of depression  :cry: :grin: :grin:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1115 on: 20 September 2013, 13:46 »
I know what you mean about the new car paranoia. Every time i go anywhere, when i get out the car i'm checking the paintwork immediately for stonechips and dead insects. It's a nightmare, i need to try and relax more and just enjoy the car because sooner or later the inevitable is going to happen and im just going to have to accept it. I noticed the tiniest of spots on the bonnet the other day and spent the next few hours in a state of depression  :cry: :grin: :grin:

I am not looking forward to this - I'm depressed enough that the car is all ready dirty!  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1116 on: 20 September 2013, 13:58 »
Mh quick question does the gtechniq sealant need to be applied under shade I know it says not in direct sunlight but does that include overcast days.

It was overcast and threatening rain when I applied mine. Overcast will be fine. I’m sure the direct sunlight issue is to stop the product cooking onto your paintwork rather than allowing it enough time as a liquid to form covalent bonds.

If it’s dry and overcast then none of your bodywork should be hot to the touch and you’ll be fine. If it is a sunny day when you want to apply then you should find a bit of shade.You might be surprised at the amount of effort required to rub the residues off (nervously rubbing the roof as hard as I dared without making it flex). Don’t forget to treat your cloth/pad or whatever you’re putting the stuff on with the day before with some interior protector – a hydrophobic microfibre pad means far less product used. Spray a little onto the cloth and rub onto the car. If you spray directly onto the car for a whole panel you can lose track of how much you are spraying and spray too much on. If you use it sensibly you should be talking 60-80mL per coat and probably go through 3 microfibre cloths rubbing the residues off (it disperses so much you will get to the point where you are spreading it around rather than rubbing the excess off and will have to change cloths. Do all your external plastics as well as the bodywork. In fact, you can do everything externally except the windscreen (the other glass is fine).
« Last Edit: 20 September 2013, 14:13 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #1117 on: 20 September 2013, 14:10 »
Great write up matchboy. Makes me both happy and sad that I have another 2 > 3 weeks to wait on mine.

But reviews like yours that go into the smaller details that matter to most buyers like us makes me very happy!

Grats bro.
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #1118 on: 20 September 2013, 14:13 »
...the sound actuator sounds pretty 'Naff' on start up and at low revs. Above 3k rpm it sounds absolutely awesome, but when poodling around in Sport Mode it does sound very artificial and unnatural indeed. Anyone else notice this?

Yeah I noticed it on my test drive but ended up sticking it normal mode when driving around...

Offline LJS7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1119 on: 20 September 2013, 14:13 »
Great write up mate. I'm not sure if these reviews make the wait more or less bearable though.
MK7 GTI | 3dr | Pure White