Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165053 times)

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #230 on: 16 July 2013, 23:30 »
Great car inside and out Kendo. Love the pics!!

Do you have a photo of your instrument panel and is the line between the rev counter and speedo red or grey?

Also is there a sound actuator fitted on yours? Does it sound good inside and outside the cabin?

Last question, is there any GTD logo on the seats like the MKVI?

Cheers
Neil
« Last Edit: 16 July 2013, 23:34 by neilgcal »

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #231 on: 17 July 2013, 00:37 »

Do you have a photo of your instrument panel and is the line between the rev counter and speedo red or grey?

Also is there a sound actuator fitted on yours? Does it sound good inside and outside the cabin?

Cheers
Neil

There was no GTD logos on the Mk6 seats. Only the GTI had them, on the headrests. There's no logos on the mk7 GTI headrests.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Kendo44

• Not said much yet
« Reply #232 on: 19 July 2013, 20:39 »

Cheers
Neil

Hi Neil

Thanks for the comments. There is a red stripe running across the top of the instrument panel between the rev counter and speedo.

No logos on the seats, and as for the sound actuator I am afraid I would have to plead ignorance on such a thing. If it is standard then it is on it, but I never specced it.
Hopefully one of the gurus on here will be able to help you with that one!

:smiley:

ps Ill take a pic of the instruments for you
Golf GTD 5 Dr Keyless entry, rear side airbags, park assist, Oryx white, Winter pack, Sunroof - and lovin' it :-)

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #233 on: 20 July 2013, 11:22 »
Kendo

Do you have the standard media unit ?  If so how are you finding it, doing the job fine ?

Andy
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #234 on: 20 July 2013, 13:17 »
Loving the pics Kendo! Beautiful looking car and thanks for the pictures! 8)  Quick question, what are the symbols that are lit by the hazard button? And do they stay lit all the time?

Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #235 on: 20 July 2013, 15:34 »
They are the passenger airbag warning lights and only stay lit for less than a minute or so after you set off.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #236 on: 20 July 2013, 17:20 »
They are the passenger airbag warning lights and only stay lit for less than a minute or so after you set off.

Thanks Joe. ;)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #237 on: 21 July 2013, 19:33 »
Is there an option to turn the screen off, but still have audio? Or must it be on all the time. If it has to be on, how bright is it at night?

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #238 on: 21 July 2013, 21:34 »
Is there an option to turn the screen off, but still have audio? Or must it be on all the time. If it has to be on, how bright is it at night?

Yes it can be turned off. Not sure if it still displays radio station name or clock in that case though,haven't tried it.

Offline Kendo44

• Not said much yet
« Reply #239 on: 22 July 2013, 00:28 »
Hi all

Sorry for silence its been a busy few days.

I know that when the unit is turned off it shows a clock which you have to select, I have not yet worked out how to have it on the clock whilst playing, but Ill try now that Joe has said it's possible as I quite like the simplicity of the clockface.

Also there are controls on the unit (apparently to dim the dash and ambient lighting) so if you find it bright you should be able to dim it.

On the whole the media unit seems ok, sound is reasonable for standard kit. I noticed that to date no album art has appeared when using my iPhone, but I haven't had time to investigate this any further. I haven't used an SD card yet but have ordered a new one so will give that a bash this week and report back.

Golf GTD 5 Dr Keyless entry, rear side airbags, park assist, Oryx white, Winter pack, Sunroof - and lovin' it :-)