Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 555190 times)

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1330 on: 18 September 2017, 20:14 »
Gave the car a mini valet using all auto finesse products. After wash used triple and then illusion. Dressed the plastic and tyres. Very pleased with the result :)
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1331 on: 21 September 2017, 21:18 »
Just a quick wash today, 45 minutes worth. Came up pretty good but couldn't do more as gone on holiday :smiley: Pi$$ed down nearly all the way so not looking so clever now. Good day though at Wightwick Manor near Wolverhampton (highly recommended to any fans of pre-raphaelite art and aesthetic interiors) and now staying in a fantastic pub in Penkridge, Staffordshire before travelling on tomorrow to West Yorkshire. Gave the interior a quick go a couple of days ago, hate travelling in a dirty car :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1332 on: 21 September 2017, 23:17 »
I've given my car 'the works' over the last three days; full detail, including a 2 stage machine polish. Process and products used;
  • Valet Pro ph neutral snow foam applied and left to dwell. Washed wheels with Auto Glym shampoo using Wheel Woolies and Wo-Wo wheel mitt
  • Pressure washed snow foam off, and 2 BM wash with Wo-Wo lambswool mitt and Chemical Guys Bodywash and Wax car shampoo
  • Presure washed, car and wheels sprayed with Iron-X and left to dwell for 5 minutes. Pressure washed to remove Iron-X, and car dried with Wo-Wo double layer drying towels. Tar deposits removed with Valet Pro Citrus tar and glue remover and soft microfibre (found hardly any tar on the car)
  • Car taped up. 1st stage Polish with Chemical Guys V36 Cutting Polish and orange Shine Mate pad, followed by 2nd stage polish; Chemical Guys V38 Optical Final Polish on a white Shine Mate pad
  • Car wiped down with Gtechniq panel wipe to remove any remaining polish residues
  • Thin coat of Fusso Coat Dark 12 Months Wax applied with foam applicator pad to paintwork, wheels and exhaust tips. Left to cure and buffed off with soft microfibre cloths. A second coat of Fusso applied on day 3
  • Glass cleaned with BMW glass cleaner (a freebee from an ex-BMW owner!) and a soft microfibre cloth
  • tyres, window rubbers, external plastics and wheel arch liners dressed with FinishKare 108A Top Kote tyre and trim dressing, applied with a foam tyre dressing applicator and microfibre
  • Stood back and admired my efforts, and nursed my aches and pains, and had a beer tonight - for medicinal reasons, honestly!

The obligatory pictures; apologies for the poor quality - taken on my phone and I had my finger partially obscuring the lens in the top right corner of the first one! :grin:

It didn't stay clean for long; when out this evening and it was raining. At least there was some good beading on the car when I came home, but unfortunately no beading shots as it was dark.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1333 on: 22 September 2017, 00:05 »
Looks fabulous. SRGTD. Great detailing. What a little smasher it looks, loving the whole shiny package. And those wheels with that paint colour - to die for!  Love it.

@MjrSharpe and Watts - sounds like some more top cleaning going on.  The weather always tries to undo it but never give in!!! 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1334 on: 22 September 2017, 07:34 »
Thanks Rebecca. It's not perfect, but I'm pleased with the results.

The weather was pretty good for detailing, and the neighbours who always make the predictable comments were away on holiday so that was an added bonus; they'd probably think I was mad, spending 3 days cleaning my car! :grin:

I actually use a .................sponge on a part of the washing phase :shocked: Not on the bodywork or wheels, but I find it's great for washing the plastic wheel arch liners after I've pre-rinsed them. It's the last job I do with my wheel washing water in bucket 3, so I don't transfer any dirt to the wheels though.

Now to tackle the interior. It shouldn't take too long, just a quick wipe with Pootboys Natural Look dressing and, clean the glass and a quick vacuum and all done. :smiley:
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1335 on: 22 September 2017, 07:37 »
I second the above SR, fantastic job, looks amazing :smiley: The wheels really do suit the car, colour and styling. Big driveway too :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1336 on: 22 September 2017, 09:59 »
Thanks Watts. It didn’t stay looking like that for long, after using it in the rain yesterday evening  :grin:

Big driveway? Ha ha, unfortunately not. It’s the car park at my local garden centre; the overflow section that no one else seems to use, so perfect to park in to avoid door ding damage  :smiley:
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #1337 on: 22 September 2017, 14:28 »
Is buzzing..............my slims detailing delivery has just arrived ...............im like a kid on xmas morning..........collect my foam lance later and BOOOOOM this weekend i will be detailing times like this im grateful my dad has a car port screw you windy wet weather you wont hold me back on my quest to perfect my new baby  :laugh:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1338 on: 22 September 2017, 16:13 »
Is buzzing..............my slims detailing delivery has just arrived ...............im like a kid on xmas morning..........collect my foam lance later and BOOOOOM this weekend i will be detailing times like this im grateful my dad has a car port screw you windy wet weather you wont hold me back on my quest to perfect my new baby  :laugh:

Someone sounds excited!  :laugh:  Enjoy the detailing, snow foaming is great fun!  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1339 on: 22 September 2017, 17:01 »

Someone sounds excited!  :laugh:  Enjoy the detailing, snow foaming is great fun!  :smiley:

Jeni_R_; just be prepared to become addicted to this car cleaning and detailing malarkey. Next step will be machine polishing, so make sure you put a DA polisher on your Christmas present list :grin:
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk