Author Topic: We Connect  (Read 1698 times)

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
  • MK8 Clubsport Dolphin Grey
We Connect
« on: 30 July 2021, 10:41 »
So sorry if this has been mentioned before.

So We connect all works except when you want to flash indicators or beep horn I get

SORRY SOMETHING WENT WRONG !!!!!

What am I doing wrong
Golf History 4 x MK2, 2 x MK3, 2 x MK4, 2 x MK5, 1 x MK6, 1 MK7 & MK8 Clubsport

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
Re: We Connect
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2021, 14:50 »
Doesn't seem to work on mine either. However since Friday the World Icon has been greyed out and my car seems to have gone offline!  :sad:
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 09 August 2021, 15:34 »
We (Don't) Connect   :rolleyes:

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2021, 23:06 »
Same for me at the moment too. Grey globe. Piss poor service tbh. At least it’s kept me logged in. Last time it happened, I had set the S-PIN to enter each time, thinking it was more secure should the car get stolen. But it meant I couldn’t log in to it. It doesn’t really lose many options either, so not really sold on why it’s even there

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2021, 21:36 »
Is it different in the Mk8?  The globe in my 7.5 only changes colour once I've tethered the car to the internet via my phone.

Never had an issue with We Connect, always recognises me as the primary use in almost the same place as I drive down the road.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #5 on: 11 August 2021, 08:43 »
Is it different in the Mk8?  The globe in my 7.5 only changes colour once I've tethered the car to the internet via my phone.

Never had an issue with We Connect, always recognises me as the primary use in almost the same place as I drive down the road.

The Mk8 has an e-sim and in theory is always online. The user information is pulled through from the cloud I believe, each driver needs their own We Connect account to be set up as a user in the vehicle (or you can drive it as a Guest who can turn the online settings off so defeats the object really anyway!)

Unlike in the Mk7's where you need to tether to get the traffic information on the Sat Nav with it being online its automatically there and you don't need to tether via the WLAN.

Thats the theory anyway
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 11 August 2021, 10:57 »

The Mk8 has an e-sim and in theory is always online. The user information is pulled through from the cloud I believe, each driver needs their own We Connect account to be set up as a user in the vehicle (or you can drive it as a Guest who can turn the online settings off so defeats the object really anyway!)

Unlike in the Mk7's where you need to tether to get the traffic information on the Sat Nav with it being online its automatically there and you don't need to tether via the WLAN.

Thats the theory anyway
the e-sim will only work if it has a signal. If you go into an area with poor or no signal then We Connect won't work.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.