Author Topic: Car mats are they an optional extra?  (Read 972 times)

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
Car mats are they an optional extra?
« on: 11 June 2021, 21:27 »
Would appreciate if someone could clear this up and check it.

I’ve picked up a dealer/cancelled order due for September delivery. The salesman confirmed there are no car mats on the order for this particular car and that the mk8 doesn’t come with car mats as standard. Is this right? I guess those who have placed factory orders and taken delivery already would know.

Thanks in advance
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Car mats are they an optional extra?
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2021, 21:44 »
Hmmm they aren't an option AFAIK and were in mine... Unless it's a my22 change.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2021, 22:13 »
Would appreciate if someone could clear this up and check it.

I’ve picked up a dealer/cancelled order due for September delivery. The salesman confirmed there are no car mats on the order for this particular car and that the mk8 doesn’t come with car mats as standard. Is this right? I guess those who have placed factory orders and taken delivery already would know.

Thanks in advance

I would suggest that salesperson should familiarise themselves with the latest Golf brochure (dated 03/06/20201). Carpet mats are standard on all models apart from the entry level Life model. Pretty certain they’ve always been standard across the model range from launch date, apart from the entry level model (solid white blob = standard equipment). 01/05/2021 brochure also showed carpet mats as standard. In fact, I’m pretty certain they’ve been standard on performance model Golfs since at least the early 2000’s - they were in my mk4 Golf GTI and mk6 Golf GTD.

« Last Edit: 11 June 2021, 22:34 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2021, 22:31 »
Let’s face it, the carpet mats come, packed in plastic bags, in every GTI, ready to be fitted by the dealer at the PDI. They’ve either been mislaid, or nicked. The salesman is trying it on with you - I simply can’t believe he doesn’t know they should be there. As you can see from the chart above, its only the Lite that doesn’t get them and I’d bet they sell more GTIs than Lites!

There’s no argument really - the sales literature says it all.

EDIT:  Re read OP and realised that your car hasn’t arrived yet, so I’m talking rubbish, as usual. Still think it very unlikely that carpet mats would be deleted from the GTI spec. The Configurator shows the same as literature above, with just the Lite doing without.

In the (very) unlikely event of the car turning up without, better ones are available after market, or oem on eBay etc, or you could have a double or quits bet, with the salesman, that the car comes with them!
« Last Edit: 12 June 2021, 11:58 by Talk-torque »
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2021, 22:33 »
Brilliant, thanks everyone for the info
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2021, 22:41 »
Just remember that's my21 product literature and not my22... Not yet.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC