Author Topic: latest software?  (Read 4286 times)

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
latest software?
« on: 30 May 2021, 14:37 »
Just checked and the software on my MK8 ends in a number 6. Is that the latest and if not is there any advantage to getting it updated?
Thanks

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
Re: latest software?
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2021, 18:23 »
This thread is really useful and Fred has put a table on (p20) with hardware/software/build week variations. Latest seems best, but it’s hardware specific based on the back and forth on here.

https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287277.0
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2021, 19:32 »
Thanks for that, interesting read

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2021, 19:32 »
Yeah check that thread out and the magic table.

The highest version numbers are for the newest hardware, but there is a parallel development line for older hardware.

Yes, I am talking about current year manufactured cars and "older hardware"... if you can believe that.

The only way you are getting a software upgrade is via a dealer and the only way they are doing it is if you have a fault that they think is fixed by it.

Welcome to VW 2021.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2021, 11:02 »
Thanks Fred

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 24 June 2021, 18:04 »
Just got updated today to 1668. Fingers crossed that it works smoothly

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #6 on: 24 June 2021, 20:15 »
Was it done voluntarily or to fix a fault?
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 25 June 2021, 10:56 »
When i ordered the car, i was assured that it would have the latest software, and it came with 1666, so i complained, and it was updated to comply with what was initially said. I did have a couple of faults with the 1666, one was rear lights not working, and one were parking sensors stopped working. also had a warning of air pressure loss in a tyre. Dropped the car off at the garage at 10am, and job completed after a couple of hours. Wait to see now if any faults occur

Offline TommyCockles

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 25 June 2021, 12:31 »
I pick up my new Mk 8 GTI tomorrow  :smiley:.  When I bought the car I was pleased to see that the hardware was the D version and the software was on 1788 but being a bit of a techie and having seen on here that there was an 1803 I asked if they would be so kind as to update to 1803.

Initially said that they would only update the software if there was a problem that required the update. My argument of course was that an update to the latest version may mitigate any potential issues from arising!  Anyway after a bit of persuasive persistence I've just received and email from them with the following photo attached so naturally happy with the outcome. Hopefully most of the issues have been ironed out with the D hardware and 1803 software!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #9 on: 25 June 2021, 22:13 »
Had much luck with that valentino?

Mine is still buggy even on 1668.... And the keyless upgrade still doesn't work either.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC