Author Topic: Stop start stopped  (Read 5465 times)

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
Re: Stop start stopped
« Reply #30 on: 10 May 2021, 12:33 »
Invest in a battery tester which will test the battery on load. I suspect your problems will be solved by getting a new one and coding it in for stop start. (or coding the stop/start out which is what I did)

Is it possible to code the car such that S/S is off by default, but can be turned on with the button? The opposite of the standard setup?

Or is it a case of you can only code it out completely?

I have  the Pro Version and I coded it out completely with an APP within the software. It can also be done manually in the adaptations. Basically, you are fooling the car into thinking it doesnt meet the requirements for stop/start to be available.
AFAIK, (open to corection), you cannot code it so that it can be turned on with the button but defaulted to off.
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 10 May 2021, 13:31 »
Iirc, I read somewhere that there is a cable that goes to the battery that if disconnected will disable stop/start. Worth a search/google.

Personally I like it on and only rarely switch it off. Also the fact that it is effectively a warning for a low battery.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #32 on: 10 May 2021, 13:50 »
Iirc, I read somewhere that there is a cable that goes to the battery that if disconnected will disable stop/start. Worth a search/google.

Personally I like it on and only rarely switch it off. Also the fact that it is effectively a warning for a low battery.
You are correct Watts thats the battery monitoring module. Each to their own, i cant stand STOP/START. the poor battery and starter motor!!
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 19 May 2021, 07:53 »
My stop start is not working on a 22 month old car just bought. Mileage suggests lengthy time unused. Dealer said it would work after the battery had a good charge. Not happened. Voltage is 12 .2v. Is this low enough to stop it working? Since battery warranty is 2 years wondered if dealer would replace it? Thoughts welcome.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #34 on: 19 May 2021, 12:21 »
My stop start is not working on a 22 month old car just bought. Mileage suggests lengthy time unused. Dealer said it would work after the battery had a good charge. Not happened. Voltage is 12 .2v. Is this low enough to stop it working? Since battery warranty is 2 years wondered if dealer would replace it? Thoughts welcome.

Dealer replaced my battery just under 3 years old when my start stop was intermittent. Works fine now.
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline Refurbished.

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 19 May 2021, 17:34 »
Update - battery changed and coded. Has made zero difference. No error codes but no stop/start.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #36 on: 19 May 2021, 17:39 »
Do you get the message about stop start pop up on the MIB?

And the A with a line through it?

If you do get it on the Mib, press the "i" button and you can see why its not stopping... might need to be on the vehicle status screen to see it.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #37 on: 19 May 2021, 18:21 »
i cant stand STOP/START. the poor battery and starter motor!!

Aren't batteries like this designed to run with stop/start? I imagine the starter motor too? So surely it won't do any harm as that's what they're made to do and they're not the same as on a standard car without it

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #39 on: 19 May 2021, 20:51 »
https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/road-safety/stop-start-engines-and-engine-idling-the-law/

Thanks! That's actually a good read and clears a few things up. Personally I like the stop/start and impressed by how flawlessly it works ....just a shame that mines still stopped working for some reason :grin::grin: ffs