Author Topic: Performance Pack or not??!!!!  (Read 8494 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: Performance Pack or not??!!!!
« Reply #70 on: 22 April 2021, 06:54 »
Attached is a photo of what I believe is the coolant tank, anyone know if the dreaded 'silica bag' may lurk within?

No evil silica bag lurking within, probably has been replaced due to fear of it splitting.

Get a little XCP Rust Blocker or ACF-50 on the wee bolts & screws around the engine bay, and if possible get underneath the car too if you have a friend with a ramp.  :smiley:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Jen_mk7.5_GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #71 on: 22 April 2021, 11:16 »
Same !! 14k on the clock 2018 plate bought Jan 8th this year has the titan black arts velour seats (devine) and the dynaudio excite 19inch santis all were more important to me than waiting for the PP i was sold on the seats !  :laugh:

I bought a car recently. It’s a daily for me and I didn’t want an R as they are so often targeted for theft. Whilst I’d have preferred a PP, more important to me was spec, mileage and condition. The upgraded audio and art velour trim were well worth a compromise for me. As was a car with sub 10miles as opposed to something at 20k miles plus. No regrets either.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #72 on: 22 April 2021, 11:32 »
Art Velour was/is really good.

Its a shame that like so many of the options available its badly documented in VW's literature and the only time you realise quite what something is is when someone on here shows you or explains it- by then its too late because you have your car already and its with you for years.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jen_mk7.5_GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #73 on: 22 April 2021, 11:35 »
Getting the car was an utter fluke ! we were on the hunt for a GTD for my mum i had at the time a mk7 gtd spotted the GTI down at Hadwins VW on Xmas day of all days, paid deposit drove down (naughty i know) on the 4th Jan and bought it straight away 1 owner 13500 on the clock regd March 2018 so almost 3 years old such low mileage car was immaculate not a mark on it ! spotted the seats and fell in love ! same as the clubsport fabric needless to say the kids arent allowed to eat or breathe in the car :) :)

Its a shame that like so many of the options available its badly documented in VW's literature and the only time you realise quite what something is is when someone on here shows you or explains it- by then its too late because you have your car already and its with you for years.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #74 on: 22 April 2021, 11:38 »

It's strange that the GT model has a variation of the Art Velour as standard, yet the GTD/GTI/R it was an optional extra at circa £700. I would have loved to have the Art Velour seats but settled for leather since it's easier to find.

What ever happened to the wireless phone charger in the console cubby?
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #75 on: 22 April 2021, 11:45 »

???

Wasn't it an option on the Mk7.5?

An expensive one at that and with the advent of Android Auto/Carplay and that being cable connected only back then, I suspect it wasn't something most people picked.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Jen_mk7.5_GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #76 on: 22 April 2021, 11:49 »
I love most things about the mk7/7.5 my biggest bug bear is that bloody USB point in the cubby even with small hands its a pain in the butt to get too especially with the DSG gearstick being just in the way ! ridiculous place to put it IMO  :laugh:

???

Wasn't it an option on the Mk7.5?

An expensive one at that and with the advent of Android Auto/Carplay and that being cable connected only back then, I suspect it wasn't something most people picked.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #77 on: 22 April 2021, 11:58 »
Yes, its a pain.... plug the cable in once and leave it there is my advice.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #78 on: 22 April 2021, 13:44 »
Yes, its a pain.... plug the cable in once and leave it there is my advice.

This can be risky, my OH did it once and the cable got caught in the door when it was closed. It was very difficult to get it to open again since the door has to go down first for the catch to release.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #79 on: 22 April 2021, 14:11 »
Door? What door?

The only time in 4 years I opened it was day 1, the only time I closed it was when I sold it!  :laugh:

Same as the cupholder/transmission tunnel cubby.... I like all my stuff to be quick draw  :cool:
« Last Edit: 22 April 2021, 14:13 by fredgroves »