Author Topic: Performance Pack or not??!!!!  (Read 8508 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Performance Pack or not??!!!!
« Reply #30 on: 18 April 2021, 22:54 »
Actually, looking back, in 2016 it was £106+vat
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline JP2021

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 19 April 2021, 04:35 »
Very excited and can't wait to give it a good drive around my local B roads. The car's a manual. The VW price list is good to see but I notice most of the prices exclude either petrol models and GTi's? Has anyone ever had any experiences of failed water pump or a failed VAQ? As I'm based near Gatwick, has anyone used a VW garage, either main dealer or independent, that's good value and reliable?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 19 April 2021, 06:59 »
Actually, looking back, in 2016 it was £106+vat
it's no different to a haldex service apparently so my dealer was going to charge me the same price. Only snag was my car hadn't done 30k miles at the service time so the service manager said no point in going it, book in when you've got 30k.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #33 on: 19 April 2021, 08:24 »
So did they say it was a 30k interval only rather than 3yr or 30k?

I know from some of the videos I've seen the VAQ pump/filter is not in the easiest place to do the fluid change compared to the 4WD Haldex.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 19 April 2021, 09:13 »
Very excited and can't wait to give it a good drive around my local B roads. The car's a manual. The VW price list is good to see but I notice most of the prices exclude either petrol models and GTi's? Has anyone ever had any experiences of failed water pump or a failed VAQ? As I'm based near Gatwick, has anyone used a VW garage, either main dealer or independent, that's good value and reliable?

VAQ fails I've never seen, water pumps.... ohhhhh yes.

Failed water pump is probably the most common mechanical failure on a Mk7 by a long old way.

My 2014 GTD didn't fail in the 3 years/67k I had it, but I had 2 colleagues with identical cars who had fails at about 18 months and 20k.

Its definitely a thing.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #35 on: 19 April 2021, 09:47 »
The whole water pump issue is the one thing that I was worried about as I intend to keep my 2019 car until I'm forced to go EV.

I took out the extended VW warrantee to take me to 5 years with this in mind, if it goes before 2024 then I really hope it's covered.

Was the part ever improved so it doesn't effect the Mk7.5 after a build year?

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 19 April 2021, 09:55 »
After water pumps, the next most common fail is the bloody heater matrix.

I think that crapped out on my 2017 Mk7.5 at the end. I certainly wasn't getting any cold air at all in the last few weeks.

That's a 1500 quid repair....

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 19 April 2021, 12:08 »
So did they say it was a 30k interval only rather than 3yr or 30k?

I know from some of the videos I've seen the VAQ pump/filter is not in the easiest place to do the fluid change compared to the 4WD Haldex.
30k, didn't matter on years. It could just have been my dealer not wanting to do it but he said when the car was plugged in it didn't flag up as needing doing.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #38 on: 19 April 2021, 15:41 »
After water pumps, the next most common fail is the bloody heater matrix.

I think that crapped out on my 2017 Mk7.5 at the end. I certainly wasn't getting any cold air at all in the last few weeks.

That's a 1500 quid repair....

Was that due to the silica bag splitting?

Plan to remove the one in my bottle in the next week.

I managed to catch the waterpump on mine as if had a pinhead leak on it, but it then refused to utilise the ACC settings as it is one of the monitoring points within the ECU, if it detects differences in the readings it is expecting to see to enable engine control then it won't allow it to be selected, still cost me £650 but better than it going bang I guess.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #39 on: 19 April 2021, 15:50 »
I don't really know what caused it, the car was going so wasn't about to spend money on it  :laugh: