Author Topic: Innocent young newbie please be gentle  (Read 993 times)

Offline Bustabloodklaaart

• Not said much yet
Innocent young newbie please be gentle
« on: 02 April 2021, 19:35 »
Hi Guys
I’m one of those awful people who doesn’t even own a GTi, owns a GTd (sue me 😊) and might even have
only registered to get a few bits of info  :wink:
It’s a 2012 Mk6, is slightly revo’ed and is my ‘spare’ car for my 190 mile round trip between Southsea and
Oxford (Mini Plant) each day. I bought it because it was a one owner (friends Wife) low miles and had Cruise which I think is fairly uncommon for this model/age, please chip in if I’m wrong on this.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Innocent young newbie please be gentle
« Reply #1 on: 03 April 2021, 11:38 »
Welcome to the forum.

Nothing wrong with a GTD. :wink:
7.5 GTD

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 03 April 2021, 21:12 »
Welcome

We love GTD's :grin:
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 03 April 2021, 23:47 »
Welcome klaaart!

GTDs are cool, REVO’d GTD’s are even cooler!
Why don’t you drive a MINI though?  :shocked:  :grin:
And when are they releasing the JCW Electric? It’s ok, we won’t tell anyone else...
What’s the other non spare car?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Bustabloodklaaart

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 04 April 2021, 23:22 »
Other car is an 06 Ibiza Fr PD130 with Starship mileage 😊 it’s been Darksided so quite nippy/quicker than the Golf anyway and has the TT312mm brakes on which again slighty show the Golf up which is why I’m trying to get more info in another thread to hopefully put some Porsche or Pb 4 pots on the her.
JCW bev? I haven’t heard anything but if one does appear I imagine it’ll be the 54 (6 door) rather than the 56/3 door, incidentally I don’t know whether you guys have seen the MPA but the brakes on that thing are impressive. We’re alleged to be getting the convertible back from Nedcar next year and rumors are floating around that we may start making 1+2 series (same cars different clothes 😜) soon.
Oh I’m pretty sure I can also mention as well as really pushing the Blackline mods we are now in receipt of blackline waist rails and soon you’ll be able to buy bronze coloured and your girls (or you even) will be able to buy them in rose gold too. Finally there’s a Zesty Yellow car colour that you’ll need sunglasses for too/we’ve only made a few so far.

« Last Edit: 04 April 2021, 23:31 by Bustabloodklaaart »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2021, 13:28 »
That’s an interesting other car. The mention of Darkside makes me assume it’s had a fair bit of hardware added as well as software?
I owned one of the early Ibiza TDI 130’s way back in about 2003/4. I didn’t gel with it mostly due to the very  early ones having stupidly high gearing. The later slightly facelifted FR’s were much better with a bit more colour inside too.

Really interesting info on the Mini front there. I’d assumed there would be an imminent BEV JCW hatch (F56) after the release of the Pace Car recently.

It surprised me that the black belt line wasn’t standard on a lot of the more sporty cars after the recent facelift which saw the rest of the blackline kit added as standard. It’s interesting too to see that MINI is going back to marketing vivid colours.
Nice scoop on the 1 and 2 series! Makes a lot of sense in many ways to bring production to the UK and a vote of confidence from BMW. I ran a new 1 series for a while and really rated it in many areas.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner