Author Topic: Best Golf R or CS Discounts  (Read 12247 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Best Golf R or CS Discounts
« Reply #80 on: 07 May 2021, 07:30 »
Anyone else find the practises of DTD odd and unnerving?

Someone reassure me that you had the exact same as below and got the car you wanted at the end of it and not someone calling you saying there is a a pigeon in your bank account.

Ordered a CS45, well at least I think its ordered as I have no paperwork, all I can see is a credit check on my credit file.

I've handed over card details. All my personal details without a single receipt or written confirmation. DTD ask for your card details but reassures you they don't get involved in payment. They shouldn't be asking for the card details then.

I said to the guy at DTD and the dealer today I have no paperwork yet both just said "DTD has been going for years, its safe" and "the dealer doesn't put anything in writing at this stage"

I have to admit until the dealer called me today I was thinking I better cancel my card as I've been done over. The price was great but What made it worse when my local dealer said its impossible to sell a CS45 at that price lol

Presumably you've been put in touch with the DTD nominated supplying dealership by now. They should be asking for a deposit from you and then placing your order, and providing that order number within a few days. I've used DTD on 3 occasions and all has been fine. For the last 2 cars I've gone to Listers Group directly. I'm picking up an ID3 tomorrow that Listers beat the DTD price on by about £450.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #81 on: 07 May 2021, 09:05 »
Does DTD only have one VW dealer.... the one south of London?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #82 on: 07 May 2021, 09:19 »

Perhaps now, but last time I used them in 2018, I was put in touch with Fleet sales of Listers Nuneaton, and have ordered 2 more cars from Listers directly, beating the DTD price, with our other Polo GTI+ (2019 - still have that one),and the incoming ID3 that they beat the DTD price by £450!

If anyone is after the guy I dealt with at Listers this time around then drop me a pm.

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #83 on: 07 May 2021, 09:36 »
I ordered mine in January thorough DTD and my dealer was in Kent. Funnily enough it was the same dealer/salesman that sold me my Mk7 back in 2013, again, via DTD.

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #84 on: 07 May 2021, 11:09 »
I ordered through dtd for first time on Friday 16th April and by the following Friday had been contacted by dtd to run through the spec, then by the dealer (gillingham in Kent about an hour from me) who confirmed it all again (and pointed out the road tax quoted by dtd was wrong which I was expecting), then I got paperwork to sign form them (for gdpr and finance so can get the deposit contribution) then a confirmation letter after deposit taken and an order number (which after pfaffing can see in my vw U.K. as at stage 2)

Only other direct / near direct experience I have is my father ordered a mercedes through them in 2019 but while waiting for build etc merc changed something (withdrew that specific variant for U.K. I think) and he had a choice to start all over agin with a new build date or pick a car already being built to avoid further delay, which he did. I think that was all through that dealer, and it was a fleet one as well.

It didn’t really occur to me - stupid I realise now - to just use the dtd price to haggle with my local dealer (since they would not have to pay a fee to dtd so may still have agreed) or try listers fleet as suggested here.

Apart from all these build week concerns on the vw end it was a lot less hassle than previous dealer interactions I’ve had using dtd. I looked at carwow but wasn’t getting anywhere near the discount
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #85 on: 07 May 2021, 11:16 »
For VWs at least, Carwow don't seem competitive at at all. I usually get 5 or 6 quotes, most for £200-500 less than list and maybe 1 or 2 within £800 of DTD.

You've got a better chance of a deal with the larger groups that have access to larger volume discounts, but even then, some branches take one look at the DTD price and laugh.

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #86 on: 07 May 2021, 11:58 »
I ordered through dtd for first time on Friday 16th April and by the following Friday had been contacted by dtd to run through the spec, then by the dealer (gillingham in Kent about an hour from me) who confirmed it all again (and pointed out the road tax quoted by dtd was wrong which I was expecting), then I got paperwork to sign form them (for gdpr and finance so can get the deposit contribution) then a confirmation letter after deposit taken and an order number (which after pfaffing can see in my vw U.K. as at stage 2)

Only other direct / near direct experience I have is my father ordered a mercedes through them in 2019 but while waiting for build etc merc changed something (withdrew that specific variant for U.K. I think) and he had a choice to start all over agin with a new build date or pick a car already being built to avoid further delay, which he did. I think that was all through that dealer, and it was a fleet one as well.

It didn’t really occur to me - stupid I realise now - to just use the dtd price to haggle with my local dealer (since they would not have to pay a fee to dtd so may still have agreed) or try listers fleet as suggested here.

Apart from all these build week concerns on the vw end it was a lot less hassle than previous dealer interactions I’ve had using dtd. I looked at carwow but wasn’t getting anywhere near the discount

That's the dealer I have via DTD. What lead time did they fell you. I assume. It was a CS45.
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #87 on: 07 May 2021, 12:19 »
That's the same dealer I used in Gillingham.
I was quoted 20 weeks max for a Clubsport.
In the end it turned out to be 12 weeks from ordering to collection. I was happy with that.

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #88 on: 07 May 2021, 12:22 »
Same, ~20 weeks for a CS, but until there’s an actual build week scheduled I assumed that was just speculation
« Last Edit: 16 May 2021, 10:29 by Kenis »
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline fuster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #89 on: 07 May 2021, 15:27 »
JCB Medway in Kent via DTD for me. Was told to go direct to them next time round and bypass DTD. 

Great comms from the dealer as well. Would use again.