Author Topic: MK 7 Clubsport or 7.5 PP??  (Read 15512 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: MK 7 Clubsport or 7.5 PP??
« Reply #10 on: 12 March 2021, 09:28 »
If you want a daily driver, you'll get more bang for buck from a Mk7.5 PP.

The Mk7.5 was a much better car in many ways than a Mk7.

If you just want to pile miles on, doesn't make much sense to buy a limited edition collectors item to me.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 12 March 2021, 09:33 »
madstaff, I didn't mention the TCR as I got the impression you were looking for a manual gearbox car. 7,5 DSG is 7 speed (PP&TCR) over 6 speed in mk7, so that would be another positive for 7.5 if you were that way inclined?

Again, not all mk7 CS are equal at 4 years old. I tend to buy my cars privately, you can get an idea of how it is used.
Mine went through 10k miles yesterday, is fully serviced with ceramic coatregularly  topped up, it appears to be in better condition than a neighbours 18 plate Golf R, so he say's anyway!

The buckets are fine for daily use, the only real issue is if you have a rear passenger, you need to tilt the back rest forward, but manually move the seat forward from the lever on the front of the seat. This can't really be done by a rear passenger on their own?

The standard seats are good, same as the regular Gti with different trim, however, at this time a regular GTi had heated sets as standard, not so in the CS. It was an option, but winter pack with heated seats is really rare on a CS with the standard seats.

18"s ride well and look good, from experience DCC is worth having with 19" wheels (as per CSS).

See, how buying the right car can be a literal needle in a haystack? :)

Buy the best you can afford and available at the time.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 12 March 2021, 10:31 »
Think a CS has to be a manual IMO, and given the choice would be the one I'd pick.

You don't have any choice in a TCR so would have to accept the DSG.

I wouldnt be piling miles on as a daily either, 10 mile round trip to work.

My 2007 A4 I've just sold was in better nick 3 weeks ago when I sold it than the day I bought it in 2012.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 12 March 2021, 11:17 »
It sounds like you really *want* a Clubsport to me!

Buckets very desirable so you’ll pay a lot more for a car with them, cost will be negated when you come to sell though IF they’ve not been stolen  :whistle: (they’re desirable to the wrong people too!)

Bear in mind a system is only as good as its weakest component and in the case of DCC that’ll be the springs which are fixed rate and not adaptable unlike the dampers. The springs can get a bit jiggly but aren’t harsh. Trust me, the car rides fine on passive dampers with 19” wheels so don’t be overly fussy on spec, just go for condition, condition, condition.

Volkwizard has a nice looking one for sale and there’s also this:
If anyone is looking for a Edition40 have a look

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202102229357440

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 12 March 2021, 11:35 »
I've seen that, and it looks to be a very nice example, but 5 door.

It has to be a 3 door though, which I know, narrows the available cars down considerably.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 12 March 2021, 11:42 »
This is nice:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202012317538106

Fully loaded, buckets and all.

Lush!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 12 March 2021, 12:14 »
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 12 March 2021, 13:12 »
This is nice:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202012317538106

Fully loaded, buckets and all.

Lush!
So as the OP says, it's a 2017 CS40 for £26k...

Or a 2019 PP like mine which is also "Fully Loaded" for £22.5k

Mine goes to market properly on Monday (I'll be putting an advert on here) after I've given it a  good wash for pics this weeknd, so it's going to be interesting to see what it's up against. The gap between 7.5PP and TCR is huge but you do get that level of 'extra' engine, but against a CS40 it's IMO non-sensical. My view right now is 7.5PP's appear to be getting snapped up quickly, but TCR's and CS40's are hanging around much longer.

:smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 12 March 2021, 13:29 »
Oh I agree with you kmpowell!

26k for a 17 plate car.... that is still a Golf.... or £22.5k for the later (better) model that's newer.

Remember though the ED40's and the TCR were both rather more expensive from new though, so they already were probably not something for everyone (I almost bought a TCR but baulked at the cost) and the ED45 some are waiting for right now is exactly the same (if anything probably even lesser "value" and uniqueness)

You've got to badly want the kudos IMHO (I'm not counting the CSS because that is something actually quite different) but I'd not say they aren't desirable, they are but my wallet rules my head not my heart  :laugh:

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 12 March 2021, 13:37 »
That is a really nicely specced example in great condition kmpowell, I am sure that will sell very quickly. :)

Each to their own, but I am not about to sell my CS for a 7.5PP. I speak as an ex mk7 PP owner and have driven 7.5 GtiPP & R on a few occasions.

Maybe short term wallet comes into it, but In 2-5 years time which car will be worth more? :)