Author Topic: Attempted theft  (Read 5600 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Attempted theft
« Reply #40 on: 05 March 2021, 22:22 »
Just what I do how I imagine how this plays out  :wink:

:grin: :grin: :grin:
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Online Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #41 on: 06 March 2021, 09:04 »
Shame you didn't have a front and rear dashcam.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 06 March 2021, 09:17 »

Now that’s a good idea. Any recommendations? How much is fitting usually?

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #43 on: 06 March 2021, 09:30 »

Now that’s a good idea. Any recommendations? How much is fitting usually?

I paid 179 for nextbase 522gw and rear camera from Halfords....they offer fitting but don’t know the price as i fitted them myself,only took 30 minutes.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 06 March 2021, 09:46 »
Thanks for the info. My cousin has said he’d do the front one for me but the rear can be a pig of a job.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #45 on: 06 March 2021, 11:44 »
Thanks for the info. My cousin has said he’d do the front one for me but the rear can be a pig of a job.

The rear was really easy on my mk8. Fed the wire through the rubber near the rear hatch,then went under the edge of the roof lining all the way to the front camera,far easier than I thought it would be and totally concealed.

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #46 on: 06 March 2021, 13:55 »

I agree with what Daver1rs said, the rear is just as easy as installing the front. Plenty of places to hide the cable in the rubber around the doors, edge of the roof lining, and joins in the window pillars.

Funnily enough I also have the same Nextbase 522GW front and rear camera. It's a great above-average dashcam, there are others out there which are a little better but it's far better than the majority of sub £100 dashcams. Only issue I have is that the rear camera is a bit rubbish at staying in place

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #47 on: 06 March 2021, 14:40 »

The rear was really easy on my mk8. Fed the wire through the rubber near the rear hatch,then went under the edge of the roof lining all the way to the front camera,far easier than I thought it would be and totally concealed.
can you remember which of the rubber tubes had the water pipe in for the rear wash.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #48 on: 06 March 2021, 16:32 »

[/quote] can you remember which of the rubber tubes had the water pipe in for the rear wash.
[/quote]

Sorry can’t help, I went through the one on the right as you look at them.....and didn’t see the water tube,so I’d guess at the left one.