Author Topic: Map not available in AID  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Map not available in AID
« Reply #10 on: 04 May 2021, 20:31 »
Quite possibly. Seems a few have reported this problem  :sad:
7.5 GTD

Offline huddo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 08 May 2021, 19:04 »
Nope, pulled the unit in the glovebox forward this afternoon and the screen out and pulled all plugs out and pushed all back in and made no difference whatsoever , map view button on screen still greyed out........ at a loss now
2020 Pure Grey Mk7.5 GTI TCR

Offline huddo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 09 May 2021, 13:17 »
Guess it’s a trip to the local dealership for me 😢😢😢

Offline goldenboy94

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 20 May 2021, 23:03 »
Take it to the dealer, they had mine sorted really quick. I'm only taking their word for it about it being a cable loose, they did say that they did a software update at the same time which may also have solved it.

All I know is they fixed it and it's worked flawlessly ever since. Hope you get it resolved!

Offline huddo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 21 May 2021, 13:57 »
Take it to the dealer, they had mine sorted really quick. I'm only taking their word for it about it being a cable loose, they did say that they did a software update at the same time which may also have solved it.

All I know is they fixed it and it's worked flawlessly ever since. Hope you get it resolved!

They had a look on Monday and said they need it for longer as they suspect a faulty cable. It’s booked in next Monday for “possibly the whole week” they’re lending me a car but I’m guessing it won’t be a GTI, club sport or an R !!!

Offline huddo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 25 May 2021, 20:52 »
Well, dropped car off at 8:00 and had a call at 12:45 to say fault had been fixed, turned out to be a poor or loose contact behind glovebox. I now have a map display on my dash and I’m a happy chap. Very pleased that they didn’t have to dismantle more of the car. Love the way you can shrink the dials slightly to give you even more map, so much safer than having to look at the infotainment screen. Thanks to everyone for their input.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #16 on: 25 May 2021, 21:05 »
Glad you had a good outcome  :cool:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC