Author Topic: LED Door Projector Logo Lights - Rear?  (Read 957 times)

Offline laney456

• Not said much yet
LED Door Projector Logo Lights - Rear?
« on: 22 May 2021, 23:49 »
Hi all,

Has anybody got any further with installing the Logo lights in the rear doors on a Golf Mk7?
I have the Logo lamps in the front doors from www.rocketwires.co.uk - they are performing fantastic and look great but I would really like them in the rear doors.

I have however contacted rocketwires to see if they sell a kit for the rear and this was their reply:

‘Hi Tom, thanks for the email and the feedback, we are pleased that you’re still happy with the logo lights. To answer your question about the rear doors, we’ve had many requests for this and unfortunately the Golf doesn’t have a door controller module on the rear doors like the front doors where it supports door lighting, we have seen that people have managed to add the lights using the door lock wiring however we have tried this method on a few Golfs with hit and miss results therefore it’s not a kit that we can offer as we cannot guarantee that it will work. If we do find a 100% reliable method where we can make it plug and play then we will be in touch.

Any advice???

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
Re: LED Door Projector Logo Lights - Rear?
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2021, 00:34 »
Sorry can’t help with the rear lights but perhaps you can help me. Did you fit the front lights to your car? If so how much work was involved? I assume the door cards come off and you have to fit them to the loom? Do rocketwires supply a guide. I previously fitted similar lights  to an A3 I owned and the light were a direct swop for the Audi units fitted and the connections for them just clicked in to replace the.  Good luck with finding out more about the fitment of the rear lights.
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline DCmk3

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2021, 08:39 »
Sorry can’t help with the rear lights but perhaps you can help me. Did you fit the front lights to your car? If so how much work was involved? I assume the door cards come off and you have to fit them to the loom? Do rocketwires supply a guide. I previously fitted similar lights  to an A3 I owned and the light were a direct swop for the Audi units fitted and the connections for them just clicked in to replace the.  Good luck with finding out more about the fitment of the rear lights.

They're a simple install. Pull the doorpanel, connect some wiring, put the light in and close it up.
They provide a detailed fool proof guide with the purchase so you can't mess it up.

2014 Mk7 GTI - Littco L500

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2021, 10:24 »
I've done the rear door welcome lights on all 3 of the MK7 (7.5's) I've owned - 2 GTDs and my current GTI. With no door controller fitted to the rear doors, you just have to approach it slightly differently. You can get your switched earth from the rear door lock unit and the permanent live from the electric window motor. The GTI's ones have been in over 3 years now and all work perfectly.

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline DCmk3

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2021, 12:14 »
I am assuming with that wiring setup, the light is constantly illuminated?

2014 Mk7 GTI - Littco L500

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2021, 13:34 »
No, not at all. As the earth comes from the door lock switch harness, it only gets an earth when the door is open then goes off when the door is closed (They work exactly the same as the front door lights).

To clarify, the positive connection to the electric window motor means that's it's only live when the car is unlocked (or up to 30 seconds after the car is locked and alarmed, then no live). Then with the door lock switch it only sees an earth when the door is open. When the door is closed, the door lock switch doesn't have a route to earth (it's what switches on the interior lights and also shows the pictogram on the dash for door open warning).
« Last Edit: 25 May 2021, 13:38 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras