Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 98522 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #140 on: 08 April 2021, 18:57 »
I’ve got an R on order with a build week at the beginning of May. I’m getting seriously concerned about all these bugs. The golf mk8 Facebook page is full of people having issues. Wondering if I should be cancelling the order now

Well any R's will be much later builds.

I don't think we've seen people with post build week 2020-48 cars with any issues other than not understanding how stuff works - not actual errors.

I've only got two minor issues I've detected so far - bluetooth not connecting everytime (my macrodroid script fixes that) and the aircon sync not staying active after an engine restart (doesn't bother me really)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #141 on: 09 April 2021, 16:30 »
Just checked my car it too was build week 40,I’m still on 1664 and have had the steering wheel replaced.

I now have zero issues other than the nav not available in the dash,dealer has agreed my first 2 services for free to shut me up,I decided to accept as I figure sooner or later it will be possible to hack the nav anyway.

When I spoke to the tech at the Vw garage,he said he found it easier to solve problems by updating individual software items rather than the whole lot,hence it staying at 1664,he said when he had previously did an update of everything it solved problems but added new ones .

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #142 on: 09 April 2021, 16:50 »
There is clearly an interactive between the various components and only certain combinations will work.

Unfortunately nobody seems to have any idea what the winning combinations are and everyone seems scared of even trying to fix anything.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #143 on: 09 April 2021, 17:50 »
I’ve got an R on order with a build week at the beginning of May. I’m getting seriously concerned about all these bugs. The golf mk8 Facebook page is full of people having issues. Wondering if I should be cancelling the order now

Well any R's will be much later builds.

I don't think we've seen people with post build week 2020-48 cars with any issues other than not understanding how stuff works - not actual errors.

I've only got two minor issues I've detected so far - bluetooth not connecting everytime (my macrodroid script fixes that) and the aircon sync not staying active after an engine restart (doesn't bother me really)

I hope so. I doubt they’ll will have added lights to the volume and temperature sliders either .

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #144 on: 09 April 2021, 18:00 »
Lol that hasn't been a single issue for me with unlit controls there. Honestly, zero.

Offline Si_Telford

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #145 on: 09 April 2021, 21:39 »
I'm on 1668 and I've only had front assist come on twice in just over 1000 miles

Offline Si_Telford

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #146 on: 09 April 2021, 21:41 »
I meant 1666. But no problems

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #147 on: 09 April 2021, 23:30 »
Lol that hasn't been a single issue for me with unlit controls there. Honestly, zero.

Do they light up when touched?

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #148 on: 10 April 2021, 07:46 »

Do they light up when touched?

Nope, but it really isn’t an issue at all.

Offline Nick..

• Just got here
« Reply #149 on: 13 April 2021, 17:44 »
Hi

I bought a Clubsport and collected 1st March, I've been truly shocked by just how appalling the infotainment system is.

It's slow, buggy, laggy, I'm forever touching the mode/climate buttons below accidentally while trying to operate it, I find that trying to operate the unit to change stations or worse still select different artist/album in the media player is lethal if you're driving - if I want to scroll down through my list of albums in media player, I would try to pull over first because it's so fiddly - it's almost impossible to scroll down as it keeps registering your movements as wanting to open a folder, if I try to use the "scroll bars" (in quotes because they're so tiny) it keeps bringing up a system update menu, and then I have to start scrolling all over again - coupled with the baffling cruise control/traffic assistance and touch buttons, it's terrrible  :laugh:

I love the car other than that though  :grin: