Author Topic: Software issues  (Read 18447 times)

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
Re: Software issues
« Reply #90 on: 02 March 2021, 20:20 »
A thousand miles in and my 128ti hasn’t complained once about things not working. Even my mk7 will occasionally say front assist not working. Just saying  :lipsrsealed:
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline ClubsportMk8

• Not said much yet
« Reply #91 on: 03 March 2021, 08:01 »
My Clubsport went back to the dealers for updates twice. When the third round of faults occurred I rejected it. The dealer was clearly aware of the issues but didn’t offer the new steering wheel. They took it straight back.

The car itself was fantastic, all you could ever want in a daily driver. The quality control/ testing leaves much to be desired.

Is there a set time period where you can reject the car?
Mine now has increasingly more front assist errors. I’ve yet to phone VW about it as I don’t have time to get it down to VW but I’m not going to (willingly) spend four years in a badly designed car when VW has no excuses bearing in mind it’s based on an almost ten year old chassis design and costs a bloody fortune now.

You have 30 days initially to reject the car for a full refund if the car is not of satisfactory quality. You still have rights after this point but it becomes a little more laborious to return it.

Within 30 days it should be trouble free.

I’m still not sure I did the right thing. I do miss the car and on the right road it was an absolute hoot to drive. I could see myself getting another once I’m confident all the issues have been fixed.
Gone: Mk8 GTI Clubsport
Gone: Audi A8
Gone: Mini JCW
Gone: BMW X4M competition
Gone: Porsche 718 Boxster S
Gone: BMW M4 competition

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #92 on: 03 March 2021, 15:42 »
I’m way past 30 days (nearer 70) and haven’t yet moaned to VW as the car is only being used a couple of times a week just to drive to work and back. I’d be very reluctant to actually reject a car, I’d rather tough it out and get it sorted but I’d only accept so much.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline G3neralBanter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #93 on: 04 March 2021, 16:29 »
I have had a nightmare setting up 'we Connect' and becoming a primary user. Basically wouldn't let me for about 3 days until the car eventually updated the software. I am now on 1688, but still having intermittent issues with apple car play and keyless entry...havent really driven much so no doubt other issues may surface reading this thread.

looks like its a case of booking in with the dealership to force a further update. Must say as a huge GTI fan the technology experience has been very poor so far and hasnt done much for the new car excitement. Hope this isnt a sign of things to come...

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #94 on: 04 March 2021, 16:48 »
I have had a nightmare setting up 'we Connect' and becoming a primary user. Basically wouldn't let me for about 3 days until the car eventually updated the software. I am now on 1688, but still having intermittent issues with apple car play and keyless entry...havent really driven much so no doubt other issues may surface reading this thread.

looks like its a case of booking in with the dealership to force a further update. Must say as a huge GTI fan the technology experience has been very poor so far and hasnt done much for the new car excitement. Hope this isnt a sign of things to come...

Glad it wasn't just me!

Remember the OTA update isn't for systems other than the infotainment system and maps...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Tricky tree

• Not said much yet
  • Golf Gti DSG, dolphin grey.
« Reply #95 on: 04 March 2021, 22:21 »
Driving home this afternoon, along with the usual messages that front assist and travel assist were not available together with restricted traffic sign recognition I got two new error messages. I'd forgotten to turn off lane assist before starting off so after 15 minutes driving the car did it for me. I'd also noticed that for the last week the stop/start had stopped working. For the first time I got an error message telling me that it wasn't available. At least the parking sensors stayed operative. I emailed VW Customer Services this week and I've had a reply asking for details of the problems, what the dealership has done to help and asking for my car's VIN number. I've replied so let's see what happens.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #96 on: 05 March 2021, 09:27 »
Well ive dropped mine off for keyless entry fault,travel assist,emergency assist etc.

I don’t hold out much hope and it’s all annoying me now,asked Vw to give me there best offer to buy the car too. I’m thoroughly disappointed in the car...it’s issues and the dealer too,so fixed or not I’m leaning towards getting rid of the car.

Offline Tricky tree

• Not said much yet
  • Golf Gti DSG, dolphin grey.
« Reply #97 on: 05 March 2021, 09:38 »
Had an email from Customer Services this morning. I am now a case to be investigated by a dedicated Customer Relations Manager. They will contact me within 2 working days. I'll be interested to see how this pans out, but at least I've got their attention.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #98 on: 05 March 2021, 10:28 »
The annoying thing here is that it seems some cars have the problems, some don't have most of them.

There has to be SOMETHING different across these vehicles.

The engineer in me wants to start trying to spot the differences and catalog a possible root cause.

I am finding the lack of organisation from VW in this regard absolutely sh1t poor. At my work we'd have terminated any supplier who couldn't demonstrate a proper organised logical troubleshoot and explain detailed analysis of their course of corrective action. This sort of thing is my daily work, dealing with equipment we have that has vendor issues!

I wonder if we all shouldn't start trying to get to the bottom of this, I wonder if OBD would be able to see software versions of different components. I might give this a go.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #99 on: 05 March 2021, 10:30 »
Well ive dropped mine off for keyless entry fault,travel assist,emergency assist etc.

I don’t hold out much hope and it’s all annoying me now,asked Vw to give me there best offer to buy the car too. I’m thoroughly disappointed in the car...it’s issues and the dealer too,so fixed or not I’m leaning towards getting rid of the car.

sorry about your troubles i hope it fixed on time or money back
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.