Author Topic: What have you done to your mk8 today?  (Read 115349 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your mk8 today?
« Reply #390 on: 15 May 2021, 05:54 »
Woo! Shiny!!  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #391 on: 15 May 2021, 09:22 »
Woo! Shiny!!  :cool:

Shiny indeed! It wasn't even a sunny day.

The detailer did a fantastic job.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #392 on: 15 May 2021, 20:22 »
Bit of a motorway haul today, rolling with travel assist.

Largely it really works for that. A few funnies with it spotting speed limit signs on parallel roads but more weirdly a few bits where with nothing in sight it decided the limit was sixty. It came off the gas but before it could brake, decided it was seventy again...

Had some fun by switching the aid to the sensor display and watching it show me all the traffic around me. Fascinating stuff.

About one hundred and twenty miles today, 40mpg.

No real system fails or random bongs either. The camera even survived some torrential rain and massive spray.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #393 on: 15 May 2021, 21:01 »
Ordered one  :cool:

After 6 months of teasing myself on the configurator and reading all the great posts in this forum, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a CS today.

Reflex silver.
DCC
19" estorils
Winter pack
rear camera.

No indication of lead time yet but I expect it'll be several months. It'd be nice to see it by August/September but that could be wishful thinking on my part. My Dad is waiting on a Tiguan he ordered in November  :shocked:
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #394 on: 15 May 2021, 21:14 »

After 6 months of teasing myself on the configurator and reading all the great posts in this forum, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a CS today.

Reflex silver.
DCC
19" estorils
Winter pack
rear camera.

No indication of lead time yet but I expect it'll be several months. It'd be nice to see it by August/September but that could be wishful thinking on my part. My Dad is waiting on a Tiguan he ordered in November  :shocked:

Good choice!  Similar to mine. Only difference is I have Dolphin and Adelaides. Rest is the same. I'm loving mine.

I ordered last week of January and picked it up 23rd of April, so you never know.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #395 on: 15 May 2021, 21:25 »

Reflex silver.
DCC
19" estorils
Winter pack
rear camera.

Good choice!  Similar to mine. Only difference is I have Dolphin and Adelaides. Rest is the same. I'm loving mine.

I ordered last week of January and picked it up 23rd of April, so you never know.

Nice one, you did well with that lead time!

I can't understand whats going on with my Dad's Tiguan. It was built about 3-4 weeks ago but still shows as "internal transfer" on the dealer's system. He doesn't seem to know where it is.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #396 on: 15 May 2021, 21:29 »
Congrats on the order Joe.
Why the GTI Clubsport over an R or Ed45 out of interest?

Today my mk8 was used as a cross country removals van.
Mostly dreadful weather and, similar to fredgroves’ GTI, mine didn’t misbehave once today either.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #397 on: 15 May 2021, 23:34 »
Congrats on the order Joe.
Why the GTI Clubsport over an R or Ed45 out of interest?

Today my mk8 was used as a cross country removals van.
Mostly dreadful weather and, similar to fredgroves’ GTI, mine didn’t misbehave once today either.

Thanks!… well you may remember I’m in Ireland… penal taxes mean the R has been priced out of reach for me at least. €11K premium over the CS! Besides, I much prefer the looks/image of the CS, I think I’d still pick the CS even if there wasn’t such a price differential. I had a lot of undesirable hassle with my MK7 R which prompted me to get rid of it 3 years ago. I don’t think my wife would entertain another one on the driveway.

As for the Ed45, that carries a 5.5k premium over the CS here. I don’t like the wheels and I’m not that bothered about paying for the arka exhaust.

So the CS it is!

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #398 on: 16 May 2021, 09:13 »
I do indeed remember you’re in Ireland Joe and have seen a few recent posts from members about the price differences between the GTI and R models but I didn’t realise the difference in € was quite that much  :shocked:
Embarrassingly I’ve used the .ie configurator to look at optional spec differences (wheels, black pack etc) a few times but didn’t pay much attention to the actual costs.

You’ll love the Clubsport, it’ll look superb in Reflex with the Estorils too.  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #399 on: 24 May 2021, 09:38 »
It seems I'm still discovering features and bugs...

New feature to me.... the "OMFG you are going to die!" (collision pre-warning from front assist) is a MASSIVE red thing all over the AID - not the smallish red one from the Mk7.5 - this fills the AID and the HUD!!

Slightly more attention grabbing now!

Bugs.... my speed limit warning has been setting itself back to limit+0 (I have it set to limit+3) and this weekend it decided to go one further and switch off the speed limit warnings altogether.  :angry:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC