Author Topic: Is the hot hatch dead?  (Read 779 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Is the hot hatch dead?
« Reply #20 on: 27 March 2024, 16:41 »
My guess... the last of the ICE cars, particularly something like a 8.5 R will hold their value as we plunge into the abyss of the ICE ban.

I'd say an end of era ICE car will REALLY hold its value for a good few years once 2030 hits...

Until either its a tatty nail or they start on the next phase of the Co2 war by raising petrol prices rapidly to make you quit...and they definitely will. It won't be that you can't obtain petrol, it will just mean you can't afford it.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Yusee

• I live here
Re: Is the hot hatch dead?
« Reply #21 on: 27 March 2024, 19:38 »
I have followed the ICE discussions with interest over the last few years and have acquired a small collection of enjoyable, engaging everyday transport vehicles - 2 hot hatches and 2 motorbikes- in anticipation of the end of ICE.

I’ve got a slight suspicion that things will move more slowly than expected.

The ban( on new vehicles) has already moved to 2035, I wouldn’t be surprised if this moves further.

My hope is that, the hot hatch will make a resurgence- as it did in the 90s after insurance companies killed it.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.