Author Topic: Clubsport Reviews  (Read 28386 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Clubsport Reviews
« Reply #390 on: 10 May 2021, 09:26 »
This will definitely be a 'Sleeper', also I would imagine second hand values will fall harder so more of a bargain?

I'm sure it definitely won't hold money as well as a Golf but a CS with similar spec would be £2k list more to start. Although I'm sure there could be some haggling done!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline jaceyboy

• Here all the time
« Reply #391 on: 10 May 2021, 09:31 »
This will definitely be a 'Sleeper', also I would imagine second hand values will fall harder so more of a bargain?

I'm sure it definitely won't hold money as well as a Golf but a CS with similar spec would be £2k list more to start. Although I'm sure there could be some haggling done!

:cool:

MK7 GTi 300BHP, Black 19" Pretoria's

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #392 on: 10 May 2021, 23:25 »
The Leon isn't really sure what it wants to be. Looks like a focus with a bit of i30n from the front, the side shot just looks wrong and the rear could be a Mazda 3 with a hint of Vauxhall too 🤢🤢
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #393 on: 11 May 2021, 09:48 »
The Leon isn't really sure what it wants to be. Looks like a focus with a bit of i30n from the front, the side shot just looks wrong and the rear could be a Mazda 3 with a hint of Vauxhall too 🤢🤢

The new Leon seems to have lost it's visual appeal a bit. The previous model was a good looking car, especially the ST.

Offline fredgroves

• Forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #394 on: 11 May 2021, 10:33 »
Hard to say whether the Cupra is financially a better deal.

The list price is lower, the residuals are lower too.... the kicker will be what discounts are available and what the PCP interest rate is.

When I looked at SEAT and Skoda in the past, they actually worked out more expensive than VW for those two reasons.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Forum addict
« Reply #395 on: 11 May 2021, 10:43 »
Hard to say whether the Cupra is financially a better deal.

The list price is lower, the residuals are lower too.... the kicker will be what discounts are available and what the PCP interest rate is.

When I looked at SEAT and Skoda in the past, they actually worked out more expensive than VW for those two reasons.

Whenever I've looked at Seat, their dealers generally think you're getting a good deal if you  pay list and the chuck in nats and a full tank of fuel! It's the accessible discounts with VW that generally makes them cheaper to own, and the fact that Seats have Ford-llike depreciation.

Seats and Skodas look good financially to those initiated that think you have to pay list price for a car.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline fredgroves

• Forum addict
« Reply #396 on: 11 May 2021, 10:59 »
Yes and the higher interest rates are probably to do with customer demographics too...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #397 on: 11 May 2021, 11:52 »
Maybe it's a regional thing? I've never had any trouble getting a decent discount off a Skoda or a SEAT. Maybe not a DTD sized discount, but no less generous than the local VW dealer.

Interest rates play a part for sure, as do residual values. But right now Skoda's PCP rate for the Octavia is half a percent lower than VW's rate for the Golf.

If you're worried about residual values, then have a look at PCH instead. Both the Leon and the Octavia have been cheaper to lease historically than a Golf if you're happy with the standard spec.
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Forum addict
« Reply #398 on: 11 May 2021, 11:55 »
TBH these days with a SEAT/Cupra they don't do options really, its just colour and automation package selection.

I suspect finding a 300 with the XL package would be easy as stock.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #399 on: 13 May 2021, 10:07 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7PtsxgBlxI

Carfection Review and in summary at 13.58 he states that think the TCR is still the better care, for the keeping of switches and buttons and surprisingly to me given all read on MK8 GTi, the steering.

Obviously slightly biased as have a TCR but this review really says if have a TCR the MK 8 CS is not going to be worth the change, but if have a GTI then it's definitely one to look at.

switches and buttons aside, really like the MK 8 CS and one of the few it seems that likes the 45 and if in the market now would be looking at one over the R and reason say that, is now that lived with TCR for 20 months, enjoying the drive much more than ever did in my R, you feel no less secure, but its simply more agile and engaging.
Present - Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2nd car:  2014 Audi A1 SLine Black Edition Mythos Black STronic 185 BHP
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC
- 2010 Phantom Black Manual Audi A3 3 Door SLine Quattro 170 BHP
- 2007 Brilliant Black Manual Audi A3 3 Door SLine Quattro 170 BHP