Author Topic: New to the forum, Glasgow  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Paulkgti

• Just got here
New to the forum, Glasgow
« on: 20 November 2020, 13:15 »
So picked up a 67 dsg gti about 4 weeks ago and absolutely love it, looking at winter tyres as the tyres on it are budget roadcruzas from the dealership and are shocking, now was wondering if anyone had any experience with a dsg in the snow and ice and if winter tyres have helped, previously came from 2014 audi s3 so was used to the 4 wheel drive

Thanks

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: New to the forum, Glasgow
« Reply #1 on: 20 November 2020, 14:34 »
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I have winter tyres, and yes they do make a difference. Mine's a manual GTD though so not apples with apples. If you pop by the Mk7 subforum you may get the attention of someone with a DSG car that can answer more fully.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=117.0
7.5 GTD

Offline Paulkgti

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 20 November 2020, 15:32 »
Thanks for the reply  :smiley: will head over there the now

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 18 January 2021, 21:48 »
Hi,

I’m also new to the forum and from Glasgow so I know what you’re talking about 🤣.

I’ve never really felt the need for winter tyres but I currently have a Mk7.5 GTI Performance Pack DSG Company Car and once you’re looking at summer tyres again I highly recommend changing to Michelin Pilot Sport 4’s they made a massive difference to grip levels to the point that when I only had them on the front the rear end couldn’t keep up and would slide round roundabouts and corners (fun).

Regards,
Current and going imminently - MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack, DSG, Black

CANCELED - MK8 GTI Clubsport, Reflex Silver, 19” Adelaide Wheels, Winter Pack