Author Topic: I thought parking on a driveway would keep my car safe!  (Read 7746 times)

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
Re: I thought parking on a driveway would keep my car safe!
« Reply #30 on: 21 February 2021, 15:27 »
I was also pulling my hair out trying to research a good repair shop in the area. There's honestly very little information online so it's a nightmare trying to decide which one to go for  :shocked:
« Last Edit: 22 February 2021, 21:29 by Lordie »

Offline AmbushReality

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 04 March 2021, 16:51 »
I took it back to the repair shop to point out the issues. They think they can sort the panel gap with a bit more care, so annoying it has to go back again though. My main concern is the panel gap can't be sorted because the body is warped because it had a new boot lid.

Another minor niggle I'm in two minds about complaining about because it might be too petty is the fact that the new numberplates they gave me have the ugly dealership label at the bottom, the dealership in question is a Seat garage as well. Before I had completely plain numberplates.

Online willni

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 04 March 2021, 17:45 »
I took it back to the repair shop to point out the issues. They think they can sort the panel gap with a bit more care, so annoying it has to go back again though. My main concern is the panel gap can't be sorted because the body is warped because it had a new boot lid.

Another minor niggle I'm in two minds about complaining about because it might be too petty is the fact that the new numberplates they gave me have the ugly dealership label at the bottom, the dealership in question is a Seat garage as well. Before I had completely plain numberplates.

I think they have a couple of attempted to rectify any problems and if they're unable you can refuse the car for a replacement.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #33 on: 04 March 2021, 18:04 »
I think they have a couple of attempted to rectify any problems and if they're unable you can refuse the car for a replacement.

Wait, what?  :grin:

Online willni

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 04 March 2021, 19:23 »

Wait, what?  :grin:

I'm nearly certain someone told me they did that before because their repairer couldn't actually fully fix the car to an acceptable standard. (it's was leaking and everything)
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
  • Hey all! I may need some help.
« Reply #35 on: 05 March 2021, 14:39 »
Heart breaking!!! I get anxiety when I can see swirl marks in sunlight on my paint... then it's a mad rush to get the paint corrected.
GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #36 on: 06 March 2021, 14:21 »
I'm nearly certain someone told me they did that before because their repairer couldn't actually fully fix the car to an acceptable standard. (it's was leaking and everything)

Hmm I guess so, I've never actually heard about that happening before but I can imagine it could :grin:. When I took my car to get repaired the guy had lots of horror stories from the nearby garage which used to be the go to for multiple insurance companies whereas his is family owned. Total bodge jobs and cars resprayed with terrible colour matching. Then whenever you took the car back they'd deliberately add a week to how long they kept the car with every return and it mostly just sat in their carpark. I know someone who got their car repaired there though insurance and luckily it was ok, but they took ages and kept it longer than they said and had to pay some compensation to them. No wonder the garage closed eventually

Offline AmbushReality

• Not said much yet
« Reply #37 on: 12 March 2021, 13:21 »
I wish I could update with better news but I took my car home today. I walked round the car whilst I was there and could see they still haven't fixed the panel gaps round the boot but just didn't have time to wait around to speak about it plus I need it on Monday. I have a feeling there is more damage than they've suggested which is why they can't get the boot sitting straight. I've emailed my insurance to ask them what they're going to do about it because I'm getting really pissed off now. The finance on the car is up at the end of the month so I know I can give it back but it's such a sad ending to my ownership of the car. I'm tempted to pay it off and sell it a dealership or WBAC as there is so much positive equity in the car I'd get a few grand back on it even with the fact it is crash repaired.

I think the bodyshop must think I'm mental because it wouldn't be immediately obvious the panel gaps are wrong but I know they are, and it was perfect before some thick thingy crashed driving down a straight road, so it should be returned to me in a perfect condition.

Offline boardlord

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #38 on: 12 March 2021, 19:02 »
If your not happy get in touch with the FOS, they'll assist you if they agree the bodyshop haven't done their job properly and advise the insurance company what to do to make things right.

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumers/how-to-complain
2019 MK7.5 GTi PP, 3dr, DSG, Indium Grey, Heated screen, Pan roof, 90% tints.

Offline dfm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #39 on: 12 March 2021, 19:53 »
You'll have to exhaust the insurer's complaints process before you go FOS. Worth mentioning that is your next step though.