Author Topic: Build Date Confirmed!!  (Read 87207 times)

Offline Websta24

• Not said much yet
Re: Build Date Confirmed!!
« Reply #20 on: 03 July 2015, 09:44 »
So jealous!

A question for those waiting for 65 plates... Is it not an issue then if your car arrives there in August? Is it just a case of telling them to hold onto it until it can be registered as a 65 plate?

Well I was going to ask the dealer to hang onto it till Sept 1st but since the inevitable build week slip that will not be necessary  :rolleyes:

If you're car is delivered to dealer in August you should definitely be asking them to keep it till the '65 plate.

I wont be waiting! Mines a lease car so reg is not really a biggy as i dont care for residuals. After having it on order for what seems like a lifetime as soon as that baby is ready, im taking her! 15 or 65

Offline ashasg03

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 03 July 2015, 11:37 »
mine has been confirmed for build week 31. so looking at end of august delivery so I shall ask to wait till september for a delivery, mine is also a lease but id rather have the new plate :)

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 03 July 2015, 17:18 »
I ordered mine with the full intention of having it as a 65 plate, which the dealer knows, so it will be going on the road on 1st September.  Quoted 19 weeks delivery and it will arrive in about 13 so that's good news.
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline dave_young123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 05 July 2015, 19:20 »
Ok - so my original post said I had a confirmed build week, of 29.06.15.

Today is the last day of that week, and according to the tracker my car hasn't moved to stage 4 (build in progress).

Is this normal? Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks in advance

Offline GTI_Ant

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 05 July 2015, 20:11 »
Ok - so my original post said I had a confirmed build week, of 29.06.15.

Today is the last day of that week, and according to the tracker my car hasn't moved to stage 4 (build in progress).

Is this normal? Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks in advance

Mine was the same - it went to "left the factory" or similar without showing build in progress.  I think the online tool is a bit vague.
GTi Clubsport DCC winter pack rear camera
Previous:
7.5R 3dr DSG DPB Prets Dynaudio
MK7 GTI PP Tungsten Silver Manual Nav Dynaudio Winter Pack Park Assist

Offline ashasg03

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 06 July 2015, 09:34 »
how long do you reckon it takes from a build week to delivery of a car to the uk ?

Offline dave_young123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 14 July 2015, 11:44 »
Interestingly, my dealer has more current information on the progress on my car than the tracker.

Tracker says 'Build in Progress' and has done for about 2 weeks.

Dealer told me yesterday that it had been built and was in-transit.

Just shows that the tracker is running a tad slow!

Offline dave_young123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 16 July 2015, 09:43 »
Hoping you guys can help me please.

It's likely to be about 3 weeks until my car becomes available (early-mid Aug).  At what point, do you think does it make sense to wait for the new 01 September plate?

Thanks

Offline southlegend

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 16 July 2015, 10:16 »
For me, if it arrives mid-August then it's only 2 more weeks until the 65 plates are out. May as well wait another couple of weeks for them!

Offline battleshipgray

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 16 July 2015, 15:01 »
Got my build week confirmation text and email this morning.

The e-mail says w/c 10 August; tracker is showing w/c 3 August. I'm happy wither way  :laugh:
Gone: 2015 Mk 7 GTI, 5 door, Manual, Carbon Grey
2019, Mk 7.5 GTI Performance, 5 door, Manual, Indium Grey
2021, on order Mk 8R, Lapiz Blue