Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2791343 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7670 on: 26 November 2017, 16:56 »
...and don't care for 3 door Golfs :smiley:

:cry: :sad: You're doorist....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #7671 on: 26 November 2017, 17:06 »

Your's is obviously the exception to my weird rule :grin:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7672 on: 26 November 2017, 17:20 »

Your's is obviously the exception to my weird rule :grin:

:laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #7673 on: 26 November 2017, 20:55 »
Went to put the winters on the R wagon and got thwarted by a locking wheel and seems the 12v has given up the ghost, gave it a quick one over and booked into the dealers

Putting the winters on the R more door was less eventful

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #7674 on: 26 November 2017, 21:50 »

Some say doorist, some simply say ‘wrong’!
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #7675 on: 26 November 2017, 22:19 »
New foot rest arrived for the R... Just need the car now. A few other little bits en-route too.
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7676 on: 27 November 2017, 12:22 »
Swapped my rather clean GTi...

For a rather dirty RS3...

But only for a short while..  :smiley:

A grey RS3 just went past my house and the first thing I saw when I clicked on the forum was your pic! How odd.

Review required.
I'd love an RS3 but not the price.
Then again I might be disappointed with it, who knows?

Not sure if i can post a review here as it's not too on topic? But quickly...

Looks - bit more compact estate with roof bars and really needs the black pack in my opinion
Interior - I think I actually prefer the Golf. Audi's went minimalist and the screen although cool when it appears out the dash is quite small and more dated than the Mk7.5. The wheel is easy to use though compared to touchscreen. I'd say the seats in the GTI feel more supportive and this one had the Super Sports seats.
Driving - I've driven one twice before and the engine really is epic. I've been lucky to drive a lot of performance cars but noise this thing makes is so good - justifies the price in my eyes. Engine and exhaust, even though this one didn't have the optional sports exhaust (which borders on outrageous) it still sounds fantastic and getting back in the Golf last night it felt rather uneventful. The RS3 seems more turbocharged if that makes sense, you can feel a bit of lag whereas the GTI never really feels turbocharged. But acceleration is hardcore and grip even if in this weather is very good. Owners have data logged them under 4 seconds to 60.

Overall I'd say it feels a lot more special (which it should do of course) than the GTI and even driving around at slow speeds, you can sense it has an edge to it. I think fast driving would require some concentration as speed increases very quickly. I experienced some under steer at low speed which I know is an issue in all the tests.

Having not driven a Golf R I can't compare the 2. But the RS definitely is one serious hot hatch.

This is how it was returned to it's owner...  :cool:

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7677 on: 27 November 2017, 13:31 »
Went to put the winters on the R wagon and got thwarted by a locking wheel and seems the 12v has given up the ghost, gave it a quick one over and booked into the dealers

Putting the winters on the R more door was less eventful

Do you mean a locking wheel nut or the wheel was stuck on? When I put my spacers on the rear wheels were really hard to get off, had to give them a fair few hits with a rubber mallet.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #7678 on: 27 November 2017, 15:31 »
Audi.....stuff and things.

So glad I am not the only one that prefers the interior to the Golf. It was the deal breaker for me when I was looking at them as I would never be happy sitting inside the Audi. Plus not sure why but they make me travel sick when driving the A3?!?!?

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #7679 on: 27 November 2017, 16:02 »
Audi.....stuff and things.

So glad I am not the only one that prefers the interior to the Golf. It was the deal breaker for me when I was looking at them as I would never be happy sitting inside the Audi. Plus not sure why but they make me travel sick when driving the A3?!?!?
I also felt slight motion sickness when driving my wife's A3 but my 2006 plate A3 was fine :sick:
Hers was DSG and mine was manual if that would make a difference :undecided:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16