Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2791668 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2560 on: 19 July 2015, 15:29 »
Gave it a little bit of a pamper to remove half of Cornwall's bug population from a week away.
Normal service resumed !!

Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2561 on: 19 July 2015, 15:36 »
Wow!  :cool: ^^^^

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2562 on: 19 July 2015, 16:22 »
Gave it a little bit of a pamper to remove half of Cornwall's bug population from a week away.

What a lovely deep shine, the Lapiz really pops  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #2563 on: 19 July 2015, 16:27 »

Really fantastic JB! I just love that Lapiz Blue.
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #2564 on: 19 July 2015, 18:13 »
Looking great as ever JB. Looks such a rewarding colour to clean.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2565 on: 19 July 2015, 18:15 »
Unplugged the sound actuator. God it feels so gd to be free of that infuriating electronic noise. It really was driving me to distraction!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2566 on: 19 July 2015, 22:31 »
Don't know what I love the most, the Lapis or the Prets - simply gorgeous !
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #2567 on: 20 July 2015, 09:33 »
That is utterly stunning JB. IMO, the best colour/wheel/door count combination available on a Golf. Nicely done!
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #2568 on: 20 July 2015, 12:46 »
JB looks amazing, once mine looked like that

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2569 on: 20 July 2015, 19:42 »
JB: You've put a big guilt trip on me. This weekend just gone was the first time I didn't wash my car.

Between fitting my Blackvue 650 dashcam set on Saturday morning, getting wrecked Saturday afternoon/night and suffering a huge hangover on Sunday, I just couldn't be bothered!  :embarrassed:

Got a price (£10.77 all in) for the 2 plastic capping bits that cocoon the wiring of the rain/light sensors, clipping to the backplate attached to the windscreen. I intend to hide the wiring (front to back camera link cable + power cable) of the front blackvue camera behind the middle bit and notch into the end cap where they will pop out and into the camera. I wanted to make sure I had them as spares for when I notch them out. So they're ordered at my local TPS.

Strictly speaking I only need the end cap, but I bought the next bit as it seemed a bugger to unclip and I didn't want to force it. Having a spare in the hand will let me see the clipping pressure points. Looking to tidy up the power options with my magic power box this weekend.

And another thing....I was unconvinced that the ACC sensor was working properly, it still seems to avoid picking up the car in front with the <car>!<car> far more often than the GTD did, and exiting the Tyne Tunnel tonight I got the familiar message that the sensor isn't seeing anything. Seems that either Benfield recalibrated a buggered sensor, or did nothing with it. It'll be going to Durham Pulman this time.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.