Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2740569 times)

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1180 on: 02 August 2014, 10:47 »
Got the awful H&Rs taken off the R for a set of VWR springs put on instead

Were the H&R's very hard? I find the VWR's firm and was looking at the H&R's...
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #1181 on: 02 August 2014, 10:57 »
I know I'm currently a VeeDub stalker at the moment but my bro has gone to Portugal so I've swapped cars for his PP Tungsten Silver DSG. Gonna see how I handle my 90 mile daily commute in it. I think I already know the answer but a great blag nonetheless  :evil:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1182 on: 04 August 2014, 08:04 »
Booked my first service 3 weeks ago and never paid any attention to my milessince. Rolled up to Pulman today with 10003 miles on - couldn't have timed it better.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1183 on: 04 August 2014, 08:07 »
Got the awful H&Rs taken off the R for a set of VWR springs put on instead

Were the H&R's very hard? I find the VWR's firm and was looking at the H&R's...

on the R the H&Rs ride is absolutely shocking when the car is fully settled, also the car does not sit level, car was just crashy on anything except a smooth road. The VWRs so far are a revaluation on the R firm but with a ride not far off oem

Offline MajorKhan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1184 on: 04 August 2014, 12:18 »
Booked my first service 3 weeks ago and never paid any attention to my milessince. Rolled up to Pulman today with 10003 miles on - couldn't have timed it better.
Hi does the GTD not have 20,000 miles first service???
From a Pulsar GTIR, MK4 Golf 1.8t, BMW 1series, BMW 330, Merc C280, A3 TDi, A4 2.0t Quattro...on order Mk7 T/Red GTD nav/pan roof/dynoaudio and ABT headlight brow BW44!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1185 on: 04 August 2014, 13:49 »
Hi does the GTD not have 20,000 miles first service???

Not unless you went long life servicing.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1186 on: 04 August 2014, 15:14 »
Interesting trip to Sunderland today. Dropped the car off and walked a mile and a half to the coast (via Fulwell) to kill some of the 2 hour wait. A fella with a dog sat down next to me and started having an impromptu karaoke session with his wind up radio, and kept offering me a roll-up tab (which I declined). He said he listened to the radio because his dead dad talked to him through it and sang aongs with him. Made a sharp exit and back to the dealership. Waited an hour past the time it was supposed to take, in the meantime I sit opposite a South African Woman in the waiting area who is in tears because she paid Pulman £500 to fix a fault on her auto gearbox which has recurred and now they say it is something different. The fault is intermittent and so Pulman want £75 an hour to detect the fault, and will keep it indefinitely. They think it might be some valve which has something to do with the auto box on her 5 year old Polo, if it is the valve then it's a £900 bill + however much labour it takes for the fault to show. But it might be something completely different. I advised her to go to a good independent, an actual mechanic rather than someone who just replaces part x because the computer told them to, and doesn't have labour rates of £75 an hour.

I then get asked about my driving mode issue (In Sport from the start, car doesn't drive like it's in Sport unless you come out of Sport into another mode and then come back to Sport). The bulletins are checked and no defect of this type is listed. I asked if they are going to report my defect and they say no. If they don't report my defect then how does VW get to hear about it and then raise a bulletin if there are enough people with the same issue as me? Useless.

Had a look at their R in the showroom, it is very dusty on the exterior - not exactly showing it off.

Came home with the car and refitted my DTUK box.

Offline silver38

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1187 on: 04 August 2014, 16:00 »
I've had my MKVII GTD for just over a week. Also noticed  when you're in sport mode, switch off, restart everything is in sport mode except for the throttle. According to the owners manual if you change mode while driving the throttle will only change to the selected mode when you come off the throttle and back on it again. Seems rather strange.
MKVII GTD Manual - Pure White, 5Door, Adaptive chassis control, Advance telephone connection, Climate comfort windscreen, Discover Nav pro, High beam assist, Keyless entry, Sport and Sound pack, Park assist system with steering assist, Rear view camera, Rear side airbags with rear seatbelt warning, Winter pack, 5 Year Warranty

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1188 on: 04 August 2014, 22:41 »
.....He said he listened to the radio because his dead dad talked to him through it and sang aongs with him. Made a sharp exit

Sounds exactly like my day but then I do work in psychiatry  :rolleyes:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1189 on: 05 August 2014, 06:59 »
I've had my MKVII GTD for just over a week. Also noticed  when you're in sport mode, switch off, restart everything is in sport mode except for the throttle. According to the owners manual if you change mode while driving the throttle will only change to the selected mode when you come off the throttle and back on it again. Seems rather strange.
It does state in the manual that you can only change driving modes when not moving. I bet everyone changes it mid drive (I know I do).
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.