Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2778002 times)

Offline Misterp

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1100 on: 26 June 2014, 07:58 »
You may get the option to do a driver awareness course and avoid any points.I went on one last year.

As did I. I got flashed in west brom coming off the m5 out side the baggies ground nothing came through the post thank god I know a lot of the cameras are off in Brum as widely documented in the press but still I didn't want three points as insurance in Brum is high as it is
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1101 on: 26 June 2014, 12:13 »
Drove mine for the first time in 15 days this morning, as I’ve been on my hols to Mexico. Knocked the DTUK box down to 4+0 (from 4+1) with the warmer weather here, but didn’t really notice much of a difference.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1102 on: 26 June 2014, 12:17 »
I thought the police had to pull you over when they used a gun - I got done on Sunday grrrrrrrrr

Nope they don't - I got caught in May last year for my first points ever, with a gun, and a letter in the post followed. If you are under a designated limit (usually 20% of speed limit e.g. 36 on a 30 road) then you should get to do the speed awareness course. As I did 47 in a 30 (that was a 50), I wasn't given the option. wait out the 14 days and hope you don't get a letter.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #1103 on: 26 June 2014, 12:31 »
I would love to have a speed/driver awareness course instead of the 3 points, but in all honesty my own bl00dy fault. Better to be pessimistic rather than optimistic here. If I get away with it il be delighted, but its made me so more cautious as they are creeping up all over the place in Edinburgh where ive never seen them before. Be a long 14 day wait, but more often than not they try to fire these out rapid
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline Mike S

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1104 on: 30 June 2014, 13:41 »
30 second job this !!! I sprayed the base of my electronic folding mirrors with WD40. I wish I'd done it 11,000 miles ago. Now almost silent when opening and folding !  :smiley:
GTi Mk7 Night Blue 5 Door. Winter Pack. Nav Pro. Keyless. ACC.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1105 on: 30 June 2014, 14:52 »
Good thinking Mike.

Today I realised finally that the lack of stop positions on the doors really is a very bad idea.
I was trying to fish something off the back seat with the door half open and it decided to swing open of its own accord and whack into the side of my other car.
Now the other car is 17 years old I wouldn't have given a monkey's if it had marked that one but alas the GTI's door jammed against the side repeater of the other car and wedged itself stuck.
I had to rock both cars to free it.
So 17 year old car has a bit of white paint on its side repeater and white GTI has a lump of paint missing off the door.

Touch up pen will finally be ordered now  :angry:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Online JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #1106 on: 30 June 2014, 16:13 »
You were lucky you didn't ding the door edge. I had a similar accident a few months ago except my door swung against a window sill on the house! The paint was unmarked but the door edge bent back slightly. A PDR guy got it 99% fixed for me.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1107 on: 03 July 2014, 23:08 »

pictures can say a thousand words

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1108 on: 03 July 2014, 23:31 »
pictures can say a thousand words

^^^
 :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Ross Detours

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1109 on: 04 July 2014, 15:04 »
Just ordered a set of spacers for the rear. Pics to follow on Tuesday hopefully!