Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2765475 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #880 on: 18 April 2014, 21:14 »
Before you do that it maybe worth reading posts by mkviken on the mk6 forum hes had issues with both pulman dealerships. Ive met mkviken and so know what issues hes had.

Lookers Middlesbrough is quite a way away...... :whistle:

I've been told that at Pulman Durham it's best to insist they don't wash the car as they have an automated car wash that'll scratch the car to hell.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #881 on: 18 April 2014, 21:49 »
I just hope that Benfield don't make my car worse in their bodyshop. The car is going to their group bodyshop in the Tyne Tunnel industrial estate.

The Benfield bodyshop at Railway St (near the Metro Arena) ruined my MK5 GT170TDI (TR) with a botched body repair, unsafe brakes, oily handprints and metal swarf all over the interior and stolen/lost items from my car, following an incredibly long wait just to start the repair after it was clouted by a bus at 2 weeks old. I'm starting to think Tornado Red Golfs are unlucky for me.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #882 on: 18 April 2014, 23:22 »
Iirc but you will have to ask mkviken or check the forum. They damaged an alloy on one visit and dragged a hose over the top of the car scratching it on another. At sunderland they drove over a chair! on one visit and broke all the clips on his bumper on another when replacing something so it never fitted properly.

That bodyshop is the one they gained when they bought out another group
and is far better than railway street.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #883 on: 19 April 2014, 09:06 »
The Mill car clinic at Boldon is better than anything benfield will have.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #884 on: 19 April 2014, 11:16 »
@ Snoopy: I suspect it is the old Colebrook and Burgess place (Silverlink VW used to be C & B), Benfield gained Silverlink and the C & B group went all Audi years ago, then in 2011 Benfield bought out C & B anyway. Prior to 2011, if you wanted VW bodywork, you had to go to Railway St.

I used to call C & B "cock-up and bodge it" after they had supplied me with a brand new Polo and missed a manufacturing defect on PDI that I picked up during my first car wash. There was a small pressed crease around the front wing wheel arch that had a perfect paint job. They agreed that it was a manufacturing defect and as they hadn't picked it u at PDI, they were doing the work at their expense.

The car was DBP, and they repaired the area then resprayed it. They had 3 goes at matching the colour - DBP is a bugger to blend in.

In overcast conditions, you could see the area they sprayed. I wanted them to spray the whole wing, but they wanted to blend in. Best bodyshop in North Tyneside that I have come across is Arnold Clark (Ford) in Shiremoor. They repaired my clouted Scirocco (Rising Blue) (smashed in the rear quarter while parked up) to an immaculate finish and had a pretty quick turnaround.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #885 on: 19 April 2014, 20:49 »
Not massively exciting but... I washed the car, dried it and then gave it a full Gtechniq C2v3 Liquid Crystal treatment. Bodywork feels as smooth as glass afterwards. Plus, the treatment is easy to apply and lasts six months! Rain still beads after six months of hard winter driving. Makes washing the car easier too due to the coating. Good stuff and comes highly recommend. This is its second coat after I did it back in November when new.

Oh yeah ... Also painted a load of big stone chips! This pure White seems soft and is a swine for the contrast of showing them up.
« Last Edit: 19 April 2014, 20:59 by Hawaii-Five-O »
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #886 on: 19 April 2014, 21:19 »
Today I have kerbed one of the Pretoria's! Absolutely heartbroken. Narrow road and some Dorris in a Range Rover pulled out into my path, had to swerve and there was that horrible noise.  It isn't major but it will break my heart every day until it is fixed. Bloody bank holidays!!!
7R 5 door.  Limestone Grey.  19" Pretoria's, Leather, DCC, Winter pack, keyless entry, rear camera.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #887 on: 19 April 2014, 22:24 »
Today I have kerbed one of the Pretoria's! Absolutely heartbroken. Narrow road and some Dorris in a Range Rover pulled out into my path, had to swerve and there was that horrible noise.  It isn't major but it will break my heart every day until it is fixed. Bloody bank holidays!!!
feel for you chap it will fix though  :smiley:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #888 on: 19 April 2014, 22:40 »
Yeah, it will get fixed.  On Tuesday :)

7R 5 door.  Limestone Grey.  19" Pretoria's, Leather, DCC, Winter pack, keyless entry, rear camera.

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #889 on: 20 April 2014, 07:33 »
I scuffed one of my alloys a couple of months ago.  Decided to leave getting a repair done just now as it's probably gonna pick up a few more in the course of its life. I dont feel bothered by it anymore.

I gave the car a good wash yesterday in prep for some c2v3 today.  Noticed a small scratch on the front passenger door.  On further in inspection, when looking closely I can see a faint line in the paint going down the door.  Looks like some fcucker has hit their door into it.  Luckily there is no dent and you have to look really close to see it but this is so annoying.  Especially when you park away from everyone else in the car parks  :sad:
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13