Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2763178 times)

Offline Ap69

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #810 on: 22 March 2014, 15:35 »
Fitted a roof rack & bike carrier all Thule for a 3dr

« Last Edit: 22 March 2014, 21:53 by Ap69 »
Golf Gti 3dr Night Blue Manual

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #811 on: 24 March 2014, 09:43 »
Gave mine a quick wash yesterday. Really loving the Tornado Red!

It was completely effortless to clean (especially the wheels) which made the hard work a couple of weekends ago really worthwhile!

Also loaded some station logos on to the radio, looks really cool!

MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #812 on: 24 March 2014, 10:15 »
How do you do the station logo's ??
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #813 on: 24 March 2014, 11:08 »

Dead easy mate... Download the GB logos from this link: http://www.volkswagen.de/de/models/golf_7/brochure/senderlogos.html

Put the file on to an SD card and insert that in to the SD2 card slot in the glove box.

In the Radio screen, hit setup (bottom right) and click on Station Logos. Select the SD2 Card and then scroll through until you find the one you want. You do have to add each one individually but it's really easy and took me less than 5 mins to do those in the screen.

:cool:
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #814 on: 24 March 2014, 14:34 »

Dead easy mate... Download the GB logos from this link: http://www.volkswagen.de/de/models/golf_7/brochure/senderlogos.html

Put the file on to an SD card and insert that in to the SD2 card slot in the glove box.

In the Radio screen, hit setup (bottom right) and click on Station Logos. Select the SD2 Card and then scroll through until you find the one you want. You do have to add each one individually but it's really easy and took me less than 5 mins to do those in the screen.

:cool:

Done it. Thanks
Logos are a little smaller than I expected. Mine show up about 10mm X 10mm when viewed using the station info option  :cool:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Ap69

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #815 on: 24 March 2014, 19:53 »
Took her to my dads house to take him out for a spin, he's convalescencing and no excitement, so I took him out and scared him stiff he said he loved it and the best day he'd had in ages

Golf Gti 3dr Night Blue Manual

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
« Reply #816 on: 26 March 2014, 00:26 »
Well I never actually asked VW if they could supply them, I reckon they probably could, so long as you gave them the part numbers, etc.
As for insurance I don't know. As I said, they are "VW" springs fitted by a VW dealer  :wink: One I'll think about when it comes to renewal time.

What made you decide to go for the VWR Springs over the cheaper Eibach ones? Do they cause any problems if you have Dynamic Chasis Control? I don't see why they would but i'm looking at getting this done as the car sits just a little too high in my opinion.
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #817 on: 27 March 2014, 16:24 »
Today I read this http://www.volkswagenracing.co.uk/news/new-golf-mk7-r-arrives-2/

good honest comparison imo
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #818 on: 28 March 2014, 22:09 »
Today I did my normal commute home, just passed 6100 miles.
The Golf GTI is such a good car..... love it  :smiley:
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2011 Volkswagen Polo Bluemotion
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
1999 John Cooper Mini Works S
2005 Vauxhall Astra SRI CDTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro
1999 Peugeot 206 Grand Tourisme

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #819 on: 30 March 2014, 12:15 »
The gimp next door is pressure washing his house and didnt think to ask us to move our cars, my gti is covered in little debris from it, not happy but guess i'll be washing my car this afternoon
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....