Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2763075 times)

Offline Ap69

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #760 on: 08 March 2014, 18:54 »
Quick wash the a run up to the edge of the Peak District (looking north to the cheshire plain)

« Last Edit: 08 March 2014, 19:16 by Ap69 »
Golf Gti 3dr Night Blue Manual

Offline Ginagee

• Here all the time
« Reply #761 on: 08 March 2014, 23:49 »
Ap69 :cool: Cool… Nice Photoshop work  :cool:
2014 GTi Mk7 5dr Manual, Reflex Silver, PP, DNS, Dynaudio, Pano Roof.

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #762 on: 09 March 2014, 10:48 »
Out at 8 this morning, a good clean followed by 1/2 a bottle of tar remover  :angry: I nearly had more tar on the car than my drive! One of the benefits of working throughout Somerset I guess... Now to reseal.
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline C2K

• Here all the time
  • Northern Monkey
« Reply #763 on: 09 March 2014, 18:32 »
gave it a decent clean, though struggling for time to fully detail it at the moment.

Gave her a good old snowfoaming..

Found that where the car had a sticky mark on from delivery that the dealer had scratched the clearcoat trying to get it off. I specified no machine polishing as I had every intention of doing it myself.

Managed to get it out with some Menzerna PF2400 and my G220 polisher so that's a good start.

Managed to treat the windows with Wolfs sealant, dress the tyres with Megs endurance gel and gave the car a going over with Iron Out, but got surprisingly little off the paintwork.

Looking good even without a decent coat of wax on her.

« Last Edit: 09 March 2014, 18:34 by C2K »
5 Door Night Blue GTD
Dynaudio, 19" Santiago Alloys, Adaptive Chassis, Leather Pack, Winter Pack, Reverse Camera.

Bianca White 306 Rallye (Supercharged + Caged) : Melting Silver F54 Mini Clubman Cooper S

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #764 on: 09 March 2014, 21:01 »
Picked up my car yesterday from the detailers and today went for a drive in the sun to enjoy.

MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline Peeair

• Not said much yet
« Reply #765 on: 09 March 2014, 21:11 »
Snow foamed, washed and a good coat of C2v3!

« Last Edit: 09 March 2014, 21:16 by Peeair »
Golf GTI MK 7, Manual, 3 Door, Pure White, Performance Pack, ACC, Keyless, Dynaudio

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #766 on: 10 March 2014, 12:02 »
Gave mine a full weekend of detailing after the dealers made a hash of it! Full write up is here: http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6746 (hope its OK to link to the Forum Sponsors Forum?!)

Just a couple of pics:

Also fitted front LED indicator bulbs, pressed plates, a black Richbrook GTI Tax Disc Holder and VW Dustcaps!

Jon
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #767 on: 10 March 2014, 14:44 »
Are the pressed plates on the pictures Jon? Don't know if it is just me but i can't really tell any difference?

Car looks fantastic either way  :cool:

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #768 on: 10 March 2014, 14:53 »
Just had a look through your post on the other forum. Found this pic where the plates look much more obvious.

Amazing job with the detailing, everything looks immaculate!

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #769 on: 10 March 2014, 15:56 »
Thanks pal! They do look pretty smart, excuse the horrible glare on this one but here is a more zoomed in one...

It was a long hard weekend, but well worth it! I've had 5 visitors into work and every one of them has commented on how good it looks!
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!